A really cool gift from a good friend

Rate this topic

JBreese1

I purchased a new plugging combo from a good friend of mine [sUDSY]. He gave me a incredible deal here on the BST forum.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/955707/8-star-delux-and-a-ready-for-m-penn-710-greenie

When I was over there picking it up he had a bunch of reels spread out on newspaper that he was servicing. After fondling a few, I placed one down on the paper on the table. He jumped up and said [NO !! NOT THERE]

I looked down and had placed the reel on a really old looking document he had out on the table. Sudsy had acquired an old tavern license from 1889. He informed me it was something he has had for 12 years or more and decided he had found it a perfect home. My home was one of the casualty's of Hurricane Sandy. Since then we have re-built the entire first floor. One of the new rooms we built was a old western style saloon/bar rec room. He gave me the license to hang up by the bar. It is just the coolest thing and fits the decor perfectly. I bought a frame, matting and rigged up a cabinet light I had laying around and now this license is the centerpiece of the new bar. I have posted a few photo's of the license and it's new place of honor by my bar.

Thanks SUDSY

The Breese's

Wow that's cool Bro. looks great in the bar. that was nice hing to do........ good thing some oil/grease didn't get on it............................ :)

"Dont elect a scumbag, no riots, so easy even the alt right should be able to figure it out." - numbnuts

Yea, The license is amazing cool. If anyone notices the hot wheels car hanging up under the shelf, That was a gift from HWMike. It is Ecto1 from ghostbusters. After helping out with my sheetrocking and having an EXPERIENCE of his own at my house, he brought it over to remind the spirit that there are options available to us.

Thanks Mike and SUDSY.

Jim

Thats a pool table from my youth. It is a bar size 6.5' coin operated table. It came from the bar I most frequented. About 3 month after I quit drinking, the owner called me up to tell me he was closing down and since it was always my table, He would sell it to me for $75.00. It went from the bar to my parents house to here when I purchased my first home. It has been submerged by sandy, but I could not bring myself to throw it out. I cleaned it up and we still use it. Unfortunately, It has to double as my workbench since I had to give up my garage due to the constant flooding here.

Jim

I added a pic of the pool table after sandy.

It was flipped over and moved about 5' from the water surge.

Thats a pool table from my youth. It is a bar size 6.5' coin operated table. It came from the bar I most frequented. About 3 month after I quit drinking, the owner called me up to tell me he was closing down and since it was always my table, He would sell it to me for $75.00. It went from the bar to my parents house to here when I purchased my first home. It has been submerged by sandy, but I could not bring myself to throw it out. I cleaned it up and we still use it. Unfortunately, It has to double as my workbench since I had to give up my garage due to the constant flooding here.

Jim

Cool, I figured it was a pool table. bar sized one is cool too........ leaves more room for other stuff...... :th:

"Dont elect a scumbag, no riots, so easy even the alt right should be able to figure it out." - numbnuts

Micodese, I was going to make an old rustic looking frame to match everything else, but just dont have the time right now. I built the bar from old pallet wood and corrugated steel, and the pool table light from pallet skids because I wanted the rough cut timber look. Eventually I may re-do it, but I needed to get the license under glass since it was very fragile.

Jim

Just make sure that the glass is not touching the paper. Will destroy it by sticking to the glass. I use to work in a frame shop and had the owner tell me over and over not to let the picture touch the glass. O and use plexi glass. Less chance of shatering and still looks the same. Also can cut anyway you like it.

Live for something or die for nothing. 

HateBreed