Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coastal eddy

Sir Richard Branson Visionary or Wreckles Cowboy?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

So is Branson just a filthy rich space cowboy that knows nothing about what it takes to put a man into space? Is he a wreckles huckster looking to cash in on the arrogance and niavitie of other rich arrogant asses the like of Justin Bieber and his crowd of celebrity elites? Is he unprepared for the task and unneccessarily puting other at risk for the benifit of his world class ego?

Or is he a visionary industialist doing what other brave men of his ilk have done in the past! Taking risks and moving the ball forward despite the obvious risk and potential for disaster?

So is Branson just a filthy rich space cowboy that knows nothing about what it takes to put a man into space? Is he a wreckles huckster looking to cash in on the arrogance and niavitie of other rich arrogant asses the like of Justin Bieber and his crowd of celebrity elites? Is he unprepared for the task and unneccessarily puting other at risk for the benifit of his world class ego?

Or is he a visionary industialist doing what other brave men of his ilk have done in the past! Taking risks and moving the ball forward despite the obvious risk and potential for disaster?

I'll say "B"

I don't know but I bet that rocket blowing-up the other night has a lot of celeb's second guessing their decision to go into space.That thing went up like a roman candle.

I think he's a guy that has the cash and wants to go to space and found a way to make some money off it. I say **** it, go for it............... it would be terrible to see one of the rockets blow up though. it would be loaded up with 500 tons of fuel and all hollywood elite liberals, that would be a shame huh? :)

I don't know but I bet that rocket blowing-up the other night has a lot of celeb's second guessing their decision to go into space.That thing went up like a roman candle.

How about the actual virgin spaceship crashing during testing the other day?

I bet RB is getting lots of calls looking for a refund.

11/03/14

From YAHOO! News:

The investigation into the fatal Virgin Galactic spaceship crash has found one of the pilots deployed the "feathering" function too early.

Camera footage from inside SpaceShipTwo revealed that the key safety feature which helps the craft descend was unlocked by the co-pilot.

But the head of America's National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), Christopher Hart, stressed he was not saying this had been the cause of the disaster and that the investigation was still in its earliest stages.

Mr Hart said the "feathering" function - which involves the rotation of the tail boom - should have been deployed when the vehicle was travelling about 1.4 times the speed of sound.

But the feather began rotating when the vehicle was travelling at Mach 1.0.

"Normal launch procedures are that after the release, the ignition of the rocket, and acceleration, the feathering devices are not to be moved," he said.

"The lock/unlock lever is not to be moved into the unlock position until the acceleration is up to Mach 1.4. Instead, as I indicated, that occurred at approximately Mach 1.0."

Mr Hart also said the craft's fuel tanks and engine had been recovered intact, indicating there was no explosion.

He told reporters the fuel tanks and engine showed no signs of "burn through" or of being breached.

"The engine burn was normal up until the extension of the feathers," Mr Hart told reporters.

Nearly all the important parts of the vessel had been recovered and had been taken to a hangar for examination.

11/03/14

From YAHOO! News:

The investigation into the fatal Virgin Galactic spaceship crash has found one of the pilots deployed the "feathering" function too early.

Camera footage from inside SpaceShipTwo revealed that the key safety feature which helps the craft descend was unlocked by the co-pilot.

But the head of America's National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), Christopher Hart, stressed he was not saying this had been the cause of the disaster and that the investigation was still in its earliest stages.

Mr Hart said the "feathering" function - which involves the rotation of the tail boom - should have been deployed when the vehicle was travelling about 1.4 times the speed of sound.

But the feather began rotating when the vehicle was travelling at Mach 1.0.

"Normal launch procedures are that after the release, the ignition of the rocket, and acceleration, the feathering devices are not to be moved," he said.

"The lock/unlock lever is not to be moved into the unlock position until the acceleration is up to Mach 1.4. Instead, as I indicated, that occurred at approximately Mach 1.0."

Mr Hart also said the craft's fuel tanks and engine had been recovered intact, indicating there was no explosion.

He told reporters the fuel tanks and engine showed no signs of "burn through" or of being breached.

"The engine burn was normal up until the extension of the feathers," Mr Hart told reporters.

Nearly all the important parts of the vessel had been recovered and had been taken to a hangar for examination.

In other words, the co-pilot ****ed up.