Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chunkah

Talk to me...

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

...about today's sedans. I'm looking used, would be trading in a Tahoe. Don't want to spend too much as I hate payments, but after driving a Silverado all day getting into the Tahoe just isn't giving me the ride and finish I'm looking for anymore (LS package, pretty basic). I've driven a new Cadillac XTS, an older DTS, and a Maxima...none of which blew me away. American made would be my first choice as I always think repairs will be less costly (even if more numerous) over the long run. That being said those Germans sure do make some nice cars.

What do you have and what do you recommend?

Thanks

How's the ride in that Kia? I've always been a big car guy, and am looking for a nice rear wheel drive type of ride. Not really sure that is available anymore.

Wife just got a Kia optima.Not bad for the price point.Warrantee is good and gas mileage is good,Has all the gadgets.Built in the USA .

A friend of mine owns a Kia, I think its the Sportage. has it for years, not one issue.......... seems like a reliable little truck and the price is right......

The thing is I have the Silverado for work, I also have Thule racks for my rods and have it all hooked up for the yak...fishing out of it isn't as nice as using the Tahoe for fishing, but it works, plus it is great on the beach. A nice riding car would be a welcomed change of pace though. A little luxury wouldn't hurt either. Mercedes are nice, as is the A6 from Audi, but again, the cost of ownership is a concern. Anyone drive a Chrysler 300?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkah View Post

The thing is I have the Silverado for work, I also have Thule racks for my rods and have it all hooked up for the yak...fishing out of it isn't as nice as using the Tahoe for fishing, but it works, plus it is great on the beach. A nice riding car would be a welcomed change of pace though. A little luxury wouldn't hurt either. Mercedes are nice, as is the A6 from Audi, but again, the cost of ownership is a concern. Anyone drive a Chrysler 300?

Don't get the 300. I like your thought of a Maxima. Spending over 40k on a car seems like a waste.

The new Chevy Impala is a sweet ride for a sedan. I rented one in Fla. for the ride from Ft. Lauterdale to the keys and then up to Orlando. The car is big, luxurious and was decent on gas considering I was pushing it above 80 through the everglades. A friend also just recently bought one and again, I was really impressed. Plus it's AMERICAN made.

Jim

The new Chevy Impala is a sweet ride for a sedan. I rented one in Fla. for the ride from Ft. Lauterdale to the keys and then up to Orlando. The car is big, luxurious and was decent on gas considering I was pushing it above 80 through the everglades. A friend also just recently bought one and again, I was really impressed. Plus it's AMERICAN made.

Jim

Unfortunately, the Kia Optima blows the Impala off the charts, in about every category including looks. And are there any American cars really left, they all have foreign made components and most of the foreign cars are built here. Buy whats the best bang for your buck, don't worry about domestic, they sell all they want in Asia. Kia Optima is nice , but not in the class the OP is looking, they do have some upper crust stuff though, not much less $$ than Toyota/ Nissan/ Honda which makes them a tough choice but worth a look, many nice features usually found on Lexus, Acura , Infiniti and up.

So far nothing from Acura, Lexus, or Infinity has caught my eye...probably going to have to do some road tests. I do like the reputation for reliability the Japanese car makers have, just not sure they offer a refined enough ride.

OK its like this driving do not suppose to be too comfortable because(you can fall asleep at the wheel :shock: ) saying that I drive a Honda Ridgeline and so far it has been a great and less costly vehicle ;)