Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Bad Cat 2013 Tacoma

6 posts in this topic

2013 2.7 L4 Auto 26K. Started with rattling last week. Sounded maybe like a heat shield or loose bolt. Today the truck did not want to to over 20 mph! bogged down sound coming from the floorboard. Thought cats right away and shut the truck off. Took the toyota care tow back to the dealership. They have to order one and then replace the cat this week. Took the loaner tundra home.

Quick google search shows other 2013 Tacoma's and other years with the same problem.

Gotta take care of my 2010 (which I do of course). I've been hearing all sorts of problems with Taco's in the last couple years. Stuff that I never had problems with on mine. Hopefully quality control isn't starting to slip away. :(

I think it's more a Toyota issue - I am having trouble with cats on my 2002 4Runner and my research has shown that 4Runners and Tacomas are fussy about them - plus, most of the post-2001s have two cats and two O2 sensors - twice the potential troubles. Not cheap to fix....:shock:

Be sure to check the mileage/in service date when you have a problem like this, cat converters are often covered under the fed emissions warrentee up to 7 years/80K miles....