Damn Food Saver!!!!

Rate this topic

saltydawg

mine is working like crap, i think its the white one that was about $130 bucks maybe 5 or 6 years ago. it sucks most of the air out and just keeps sucking without sealing. i will see if dena's tip does anything.

as it stands now, i have to intervene when most of the air is out and force the lid down and manually press seal and it will do a half-assed job. pisses me off that it cost so much, and they bags/rolls of material are still way overpriced too, and works like ****. its a must have though for fishing/hunting/buying in bulk.

• 6 months later...

mine is working like crap, i think its the white one that was about $130 bucks maybe 5 or 6 years ago. it sucks most of the air out and just keeps sucking without sealing. i will see if dena's tip does anything.

as it stands now, i have to intervene when most of the air is out and force the lid down and manually press seal and it will do a half-assed job. pisses me off that it cost so much, and they bags/rolls of material are still way overpriced too, and works like ****. its a must have though for fishing/hunting/buying in bulk.

You may have permanently compressed the foam "ring" on the lid which compresses the bag down around the vacuum sealing "chamber". This can happen if you store the unit with the lid held shut in the "Close" position instead of the "Store" position. Try going online and getting a replacement. I'm betting that will fix your problem.

Edited by BARhopper

I've been thinking of getting one for years now. I'll probably just get one at Bed, and Bath and Beyond, using one of their ubiquitous 20% off coupons. (They ignore the expiration dates, don't you know.)

I'd like to freeze the excess meat from the Power Pressure XL Pressure Cooker I just bought.

Edited by Roadrunner
"I think, that all right thinking people, are sick & tired of being told that they're sick & tired of being sick & tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick & tired of being told that I am."