Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Master Debaiter

Fishing Reports in NJ, November 2014

Rate this topic

1,359 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas. A specific spot is too much information! Doing so only adds to the traffic in certain areas and will cause an internet feud. Try to keep other inquires and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

Monmouth County

Ocean County

Atlantic County

Cape May County

"In the back" - Rivers and Bays

North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters

I was out front in north Monmouth 4:30-6:30, throwing like a 7oz BT, had one connection really good fish but lost her in the wash. Honking like 30 couldn't take it any longer, sand flying and felt like pelets.

Fished monmouth county this am for an hour or two out front.  Conditions: windy as @#$%, raining hard, seas rough.  I could flip cast about forty yards with the wind at my back.  $20 needle, nothing.  $20 darter, nothing.  $2 swim shad, three fish to 30" :dismay:.  Other guys were picking em up on white bucktails.  Fish were there and biting in the wash until around noon then bite starting shutting down...I think water was getting too dirty.  2 oz lures were casting ok for me straight into the wind with an 8 foot rod. 

I was out front in north Monmouth 4:30-6:30, throwing like a 7oz BT, had one connection really good fish but lost her in the wash. Honking like 30 couldn't take it any longer, sand flying and felt like pelets.

Just asked joker this. Are you using a bait rod to throw that big of a buck tail or is your plugging rod rated for that much weight

Quote:

Originally Posted by webstersigam View Post

crap 7 oz now that's some heavy wind

Hit the beach north of cape may county halloween South of monmouth county. From 8pm-1am. Zilch! Retrieving lures was very difficult as others reported already. Had my fair share of windknots. I realized last night that fishing is most definitely a sport if you are trying to catch. You can let the situation dictate how well you do. Or you can dictate how you want the situation to go. Walked about a 12 mile south and saw some great spots that I think may have produced with the proper lures could be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if I was fishing on a sand bar I am beginning to read the beaches but last night's conditions were wild.

Out.

Just asked joker this. Are you using a bait rod to throw that big of a buck tail or is your plugging rod rated for that much weight

3 Ozs on a GSB 1321M. Rod throws 4 comfortably.