Super 8 Slick

Rate this topic

ctilley182

I actually love super slick and use it on most of my reels besides daiwa boat braid for offshore. In my experience with a lot of different braids they can all wind knot when the reel is even the slightest bit overfilled . Try stripping off maybe 5 yards then cast ,repeat until knots have diminished.

I got the wind knots occasionally with the slick. But only when i was using tins and stuff. Plugs and bucks no problems. 20lb super slick seemed the best for the albies for me

LIBBA #2445 -- 2010 Ford Ranger Sport 4X4

You can find me cruising the beach in the fall.

Are you talking about spin reels? I get them occasionally with PP and Suffix 832 on spinning reels but not so much on conventional reels and almost never if it's a level wind. I think most of my knots are due to when the line for whatever reason goes on the spool loose and layered over with tighter line.

Ive had the opposite experience. I had more knots on PP than with the slick. I cant see going back! As stated, make sure the spool is not overfilled.

Same here pp always broke and knots.. slick8 no issues all year. 20 and 30lb and threw 10lb on my small fresh spinner..

I might be little but I carry a big stick