Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Virgin Galactic Spacecraft crashes today

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Makes you really question sacking any NASA manned space travel for the foreseeable future
I guess private companies really can't do it much better then goverment agencies when it comes to space travel/research

I guess private companies really can't do it much better then goverment agencies when it comes to space travel/research

Because no one ever died in the history of the NASA program...

Ooh look.

Only 2nd post and already someone is using an accident involving a death to make a political statement.

Well done. You should be proud

Yeah, a political statement in the PG....who would've thought.

NASA's record isn't stellar...Challenger, Apollos, and who knows how many other lives lost while wearing the NASA uniform.

I guess space exploration is dangerous no matter who is funding it.

At least this only came out of one guy's pocket, and his backers, who knew full the risks being undertaken, both physical, and economical.

2 rocket/space accidents in a week is a bit much.

Can we somehow, some way, pin these accidents on President Obama?

Yeah, a political statement in the PG....who would've thought.

If it's in PG it's ok to use someone's death to make a political statement?

Just trying to clarify the rules because I thought it was bad form to do that at any time.

Just trying to clarify the rules because I thought it was bad form to do that at any time.

As a rule of thumb - If it's posted in the PG it's intended to spark a political discussion.

The funny thing is that at face value, this would be a conservative's dream - the more that is privately funded the better and I agree with that premise as a rule. However, I thing NASA is a necessary gov't agency and it's function shouldn't be funneled to the private sector

Death is part of the political discourse. Ferguson, troopers, Ebola victim Duncan. I think if you're respectful of the dead and their families its acceptable. That would be common sense. After all life and death is a package deal. No splits. I could be wrong about guidelines. Things can get out of hand quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieB View Post

As a rule of thumb - If it's posted in the PG it's intended to spark a political discussion.

Is that why they named it the POLITICS forum, Donnie?  Ya think?

Branson is a damn sight closer to being able to get to space than the gummit astronauts.  Credit where due, NASA has a far superior Muslim Outreach Program 

Death is part of the political discourse. Ferguson, troopers, Ebola victim Duncan. I think if you're respectful of the dead and their families its acceptable. That would be common sense. After all life and death is a package deal. No splits. I could be wrong about guidelines. Things can get out of hand quickly.

Personally, I think good taste dictates giving it a few days. When some guy jumped on here to score political points with a thread about Tony Stewart being involved in a fatal on track collision... hours after the other guy was killed, I thought it was in pretty bad taste. Of course, that thread was started for the express purpose of bashing Stewart/Republicans... that wasn't the motivation of this thread.

I don't think that post 2 was bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkman View Post

Who the hell here said anything about the dead guy?  The faux outrage machine is broken.  Especially from the "OMG everyone is a racist " party.

Is that why they named it the POLITICS forum, Donnie?  Ya think?

Branson is a damn sight closer to being able to get to space than the gummit astronauts.  Credit where due, NASA has a far superior Muslim Outreach Program 

/quote] :rolleyes::shrug: