Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bac0701

foul weather jacket for boat

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

can you guys recommend a foul weather jacket for the boat with neoprene sleeves, going to buy one in a week or two when i get paid. not looking to break the bank, durable and comfortable

For cold or warm weather? Stormr has great jackets for cold weather. Grundens and Guy Cotton have pullovers and jackets for warm weather. They're all pricy, but they will last a long time. Have my Grundens top now for 6 years. Remember cheap is expensive.

I use Bass Pro "Pro qualifier" jacket and bibs. they are gortex with lots of waterproof zippers, neoprene cuffs, etc. I use them in warm or cold weather. Just layer fleece under them in cold weather.

the stormr looks good but pricey. I had the typhoon but just sold it to raise the rest of the money for a trip south on monday. I just saw the grundens sund 763 online and it looks like it might fit the bill. I went to a local b&t tried the stryker on and a grundens briggs.... Stryker I'm having a tuff time justifying the money, briggs was nice but id like a little more mover ability. I have a set of hercules bibs that are a bit big for me ill be using also. I want to do some togging this winter in my small CC on the right days so I want to be warm as possible lol don't have an enclosure yet

Durable, comfortable, and warm is going to be tough on a low budget. Can't go wrong with anything grundens or guy cotton if money doesn't matter.

Take a look at the Helly Hensen anorak pull over. They're like 60 bucks and totally waterproof and very comfortable. Only issue is not very warm but you can layer up.