Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason B

Address and Paypal?

21 posts in this topic

If i pay something through paypal, doesn't it automatically send my mailing address? I've bought tons of stuff, received it without ever sending an address. But every once and while, ill pay for something only to have the seller ask me a week later for the address. Or worse yet, waiting two weeks after paying for it, finally contacting the guy, only to have him say, "you never sent your address". Am I missing something? Does the address not go to everyone who receives a payment.

HI Jason :wave:

PayPal sends the address of the PayPal account holder. (the individual who actually paid you)

Recently I shipped some stuff to that address that PayPal said was confirmed only to find out the person had moved 5 years prior and had not changed their address with PayPal. It got sorted, but only by luck.

If you ship to an address not confirmed by PayPal, it's not likely PayPal will stand behind you.

^^^^^

Ah, good to know, I always send gift option.

PayPal gift opion not allowed here :)

Plus not a good idea overall. no recourse whatsoever .

Recently I shipped some stuff to that address that PayPal said was confirmed only to find out the person had moved 5 years prior and had not changed their address with PayPal.

I've had the same thing happen. I've also had buyers with more than one address. Like one in Alaska and another in Baja California. They were both good depending on the time of year. I always ask the buyer for an address.

According to PP rules, if you want to have Paypal back you up if item is lost or not as described, it must be shipped to the address that appears on the payment., I try to always ask if the address on the PP payment is correct.

If i pay something through paypal, doesn't it automatically send my mailing address? I've bought tons of stuff, received it without ever sending an address. But every once and while, ill pay for something only to have the seller ask me a week later for the address. Or worse yet, waiting two weeks after paying for it, finally contacting the guy, only to have him say, "you never sent your address". Am I missing something? Does the address not go to everyone who receives a payment.

On more than one occasion I have sold something sent it to the PayPal address, only to find out that it was either the persons previous address, or they used another's PayPal account. Which is why I ALWAYS try to remember to ask that a buyer reply to my PM with their address after they pay. I can then cross reference them to discover discrepancies before shipping.

Also on occasion the PayPal official address doesn't match up with official USPS addresses either by town or occasionally street name. I do not know why this happens but it has also happened to me.

^^^^^

Ah, good to know, I always send gift option.

While I appreciate getting a gift as payment, it ,akes it very difficult to ship for me, as the local USPS post office is like a third world country 's DMV , just more incompetent.

If a regular payment is home I can print the postage with address label at home, then all I have to do is cross my fingers and hope the drop office box at the USPS isn't jammed up or broken. If it is, I have to wait on line just to drop the package off.

While I appreciate getting a gift as payment, it ,akes it very difficult to ship for me, as the local USPS post office is like a third world country 's DMV , just more incompetent.

If a regular payment is home I can print the postage with address label at home, then all I have to do is cross my fingers and hope the drop office box at the USPS isn't jammed up or broken. If it is, I have to wait on line just to drop the package off.

Are you referring to gift Payments through Paypal? Because.... in case you had not seen it.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/765339/paypal-gift-option-not-allowed-here

As I mentioned I always ask buyers to check the address on their Paypal page to make sure it's correct. So far, so good.

some people pay with paypal gift without being asked, without it even being discussed.

as i found out, there's still a way to print a label from home even if they paid as gift or even if they didn't use paypal at all, and to print it for first class postage so that things under 13oz only cost $1.80-$3.00 or so to ship

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

some people pay with paypal gift without being asked, without it even being discussed.

as i found out, there's still a way to print a label from home even if they paid as gift or even if they didn't use paypal at all, and to print it for first class postage so that things under 13oz only cost $1.80-$3.00 or so to ship

Thanks , didn't know this before , used it today

I've used this and bookmarked this url. Can someone tell me how to get to this page without just using the url? If I sign in at PayPal what do I do next?

I've used this and bookmarked this url. Can someone tell me how to get to this page without just using the url? If I sign in at PayPal what do I do next?

have not been able to figure that out, i just use the url