Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skiddd

My new to me knife.

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

This was given to me by a friend who just wanted to get rid of it so he can buy a new one. I told him to just toss it into a junk drawer but he said he can't because it will be on his mind so I accepted it. He paid around $400.00 for it. I think he's nuts for giving it away as I also offered him $120.00 for it so he had some cash to put toward a new knife, HE GOT PISSED AND SAID IF YOU DON'T TAKE IT i'M GONNA GO TO THE LAKE AND FISH AND LEAVE IT THERE.................... :)

Here the specs of my new friend...

William Henry EDC 10-4 gentleman's knife with a button locking black D2 steel blade. It has only opened a few envelopes and cut paper and has zero blade play... From the William Henry website: We’ve always worked with our own hybrid combination of technology and handwork to create unique tools, and on this new model we’ve incorporated the most modern three-dimensional machining into our frame. The sculpted texture and shape of each frame is machined from solid aircraft grade aluminum alloy, hard-anodized to military specs for a lifetime of superlative performance. Each 'EDC' features a blade of D2 German tool steel, one of the most storied and respected steels in the modern history of cutlery. Tempered to HRC 60-61, this exceptional steel is rapable of achieving and holding an exceptional razor edge. The blades are precision machined and then finished entirely by hand to a beautiful satin luster that is a hallmark of William Henry’s blade work. The E10 features a synthetic diamond-like coating (DLC) that is bonded to the blade at a molecular level and tough enough for any application. True to form, we also use the finest organic and high-tech materials as inlays into the aluminum frame – each piece finished by hand to our exacting standards, and providing a warm and elegant counterpoint to the stark precision of the textured handle. The pocket clip and fittings are crafted from stainless steel and titanium, tempered as necessary for optimal wear resistance, and the 'EDC' incorporates our renowned button lock for safe one hand operation open and closed. Each piece features a serial number engraved below the logo on the blade and includes a certificate of authenticity.

Type Folder

Blade Drop Point

Blade Length 3-3/8″

Finish Black Tungsten Carbide Coating

Blade Steel German D2 Rockwell 60-61

Lock Button Lock

Handle Aluminum/Desert Ironwood

Closed Length 4-1/8″

Clip Removable/Reversible

Weight 1.8 oz

Origin Handcrafted in Oregon

Pics..............

There is something to be said about having an EDC.

I had a small folder. An el cheapo that I'm not sure where it came from.

I lost it.

Opening a box last night with a pair of scissors had me reconsidering getting a replacement.

Nice knife but the friend sounds a bit strange.

Yup, he's strangely strange for sure................... generous too...................... :)

There is something to be said about having an EDC.

I had a small folder. An el cheapo that I'm not sure where it came from.

I lost it.

Opening a box last night with a pair of scissors had me reconsidering getting a replacement.

Get a Spyderco tenacious, great little folder and not too much cost wise........

seriously... Put it under a black light.

Oh crap....................... I never thought about that...................... :shock::shock::shock::shock: