Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turd Ferguson

Mechanix Gloves

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Y'all use em/like em?

I wore through two pairs in about two months doing concrete carpentry. Slapping together forms and columns. Good gloves, decently warm and water resistant and offer great dexterity.

Just got a free pair in woodland camo through work. We do a lot of buying from Uline and they offer free gifts on certain purchases. One of the gifts is Mechanix gloves, boss got me a pair for my birthday this past Monday. :th:

Heading out of Manasquan in search of some behemoth linesiders tomorrow. If the weather gets ugly enough I'll get to test em on the water :D

EDIT: Gonna give em a shot toggin' this year

They're the only gloves I wear for work.  Luckily my employer buys me a good supply.  They fit all my fingers great, no half inch of flip flopping glove on my pinkie.  I can actually pick up coins from the floor with them.  I'm a machinist, I get metal chips inside the gloves and they would eventually get soaked in oil.  I turn them inside out and clean with a good spraying of Simple Green, then rinse well.  I do this on Friday afternoons so I can have a dry, clean pair ready Monday morning.  I use the FastFit model, hate having to undo Velcro every time they go on and come off.  The synthetic palms last awhile, I get a few months of use before they wear through.

I use the camo FastFit for hunting.  Great for pushing thorny bushes out of the way. Not a lot of insulation so I keep my gloved hands in a handwarmer.  Great trigger feel, no need to take them off for a shot.

Try the Harbor Freight mechanics gloves. I have all the different ones they make and find the professional ones are just as good or better(because of price)than the Mechanix gloves................ there like $7.00 with a coupon...........

Here's a link......................

http://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-gloves-with-spandex-medium-61236-10050.html

Try the Harbor Freight mechanics gloves. I have all the different ones they make and find the professional ones are just as good or better(because of price)than the Mechanix gloves................ there like $7.00 with a coupon...........

Here's a link......................

http://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-gloves-with-spandex-medium-61236-10050.html

I'm starting to worry about you - you and Patrick hanging together?

They're the only gloves I wear for work.  Luckily my employer buys me a good supply.  They fit all my fingers great, no half inch of flip flopping glove on my pinkie.  I can actually pick up coins from the floor with them.  I'm a machinist, I get metal chips inside the gloves and they would eventually get soaked in oil.  I turn them inside out and clean with a good spraying of Simple Green, then rinse well.  I do this on Friday afternoons so I can have a dry, clean pair ready Monday morning.  I use the FastFit model, hate having to undo Velcro every time they go on and come off.  The synthetic palms last awhile, I get a few months of use before they wear through.

I use the camo FastFit for hunting.  Great for pushing thorny bushes out of the way. Not a lot of insulation so I keep my gloved hands in a handwarmer.  Great trigger feel, no need to take them off for a shot.

Helpful and nice. :clap:

[/quote

I like Mechanix gloves. I also like using G-Tek Gloves. Try em you won't regret it,