Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJCoast82

Speedometer Certification / Verification

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know a mechanic / garage that can certify speedometers? My wife was ticketed for going 15 mph over the speed limit but swears she was only doing 10 over. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Is this a stock vehicle? Does it have oversized tires. The cops radar is calibrated very often. Their tire size and speedo as well. Got pulled over before with a cop just following me. Got a ticket. One of my best friends a cop said don't fight it as they have a ton of paperwork each month to bring to court to prove they are accurate. He also clocked me at 20 over, bumped it down to 15 over but circled a 20 in the corner of the block. He said pay by mail or when we go to court I'll get you for 20 over.. I told my cop friend I would fight it in court. Call the cop a liar and can't believe a thing he says. Which is it 15 or 20 over? He lies on official documents. My friend laughed and said the cop will say I provided him a professional courtesy and he didn't take it. Please impose 20 over. Needless to say I paid the fine by mail, John.