Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dannyplug1

which states voted no

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I want to know which states voted against one bass at 28? I want to know where I will never visit on vacation again. Nor will I ever spend any of my money with a business located in that state. Really one at 28 was the bare minimum. I would have liked one at 32. Band aids for a severed limb. Nice job.

Nor will I ever spend any of my money with a business located in that state.

I really hope the state you live in voted no so we can see how full of crap you are. And to not spend money with a business in that state when 99.9999% of hte business have no idea what is going on might jus tbe the dumbest thing posted on the internet today. COngrats

I want to know which states voted against one bass at 28? I want to know where I will never visit on vacation again. Nor will I ever spend any of my money with a business located in that state. Really one at 28 was the bare minimum. I would have liked one at 32. Band aids for a severed limb. Nice job.

Bennies go home. ;)

But I digress. Majority rules. Not the biggest step possible in the right direction but a step none the less.

While NJ and Delaware voted no, but none of the states were actually voting for one fish at 28. The one at 28 was the original position presented by NH but was quickly changed so that the one at 28 was meaningless changed to a 25% reduction. This gave the states the option to come up with their own limit as long as it resulted in a 25% reduction. This will result is some states still continuing with 2 fish limits.

Remember the BP oil spill in the Gulf? I haven't purchased gas from a BP since then. The only things government and big business listen to is money. until it costs money no one seems to care. I know new Jersey I grew up there. How could they support a two fish position? The council rep from jersey thinks the bass situation is OK? No I think he is a shill for the party boat and charter lobby in Jersey. What a dope! If he had his way the coast wide bass fishery would be allowed to die.

While NJ and Delaware voted no, but none of the states were actually voting for one fish at 28. The one at 28 was the original position presented by NH but was quickly changed so that the one at 28 was meaningless changed to a 25% reduction. This gave the states the option to come up with their own limit as long as it resulted in a 25% reduction. This will result is some states still continuing with 2 fish limits.

The fact is that any time you deal with ASMFC, conservation equivalency comes into play. It's not unique to this striped bass decision. EVERY Commission plan contains the equivalency option. If you take a look at the Interstate Fishery Management Program Charter, you'll see how the subject is generally addressed. I've been involved with ASMFC for a very long time, and I can't recall a single plan where equivalency wasn't allowed.

Having said that, where we lost ground was when the motion to set equivalency to 31%--the approximate value of 1 @ 28"--was rejected in favor of equivalency to the 25% minimum reduction. Now, states that take the "equivalency" route will have regulations less restrictive than those who adopt the ASMFC-recommended regulations, which is the wrong way to proceed.

I agree with most that it was a positive step.  I appreciate those who attended and argued favorably towards conserving the species.  As for the states who voted against, imho (and in this case in particular) it reflects the "powers that be" within the state and not necessarily every individual and business owner residing therein.  Sure an argument can be made that those representatives are placed in such a capacity through appointments made by elected officials, but we would be naive to think that every action and argument in politics is a direct reflection of the majority.  The response of the vox populi would support 1@28".

(*edited - lets keep it on topic please - TimS)

Remember the BP oil spill in the Gulf? I haven't purchased gas from a BP since then. The only things government and big business listen to is money. until it costs money no one seems to care. I know new Jersey I grew up there. How could they support a two fish position? The council rep from jersey thinks the bass situation is OK? No I think he is a shill for the party boat and charter lobby in Jersey. What a dope! If he had his way the coast wide bass fishery would be allowed to die.

Have you ever bought gas from Exxon?? Remember that? While I applaud your enthusiasm it's just not realistic. I supported the 1 @ 32 because I thought it would be the most realistic option. Did I want something else?? Hell yea I want gamefish status. I am from nj and still live here. Am I diss appointed in the state yes I am but who isn't. Hell the person governing the state is a pile. We all need to write our state and push them to take the least option they can then go after the asmfc. We all know dollars rule. But I'm happy with the out poor of people supporting the conservation they know how the people feel. The battle has only just begun

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyplug1 View Post

The part in bold I 100% agree with. The rec anglers who do it for the love of the game are willing to sacrifice but the greedy party boats won't compromise. If I had my way they would shut down commercial fishing entirely. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

I am from NJ and I am not going to spend any money on business located in your state or visit your state on vacation unless you explain what the connection between NJ vote to Tackle Direct...

Do you really think BP did this on purpose? :confused: