Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

RIP - Thomas Menino

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Agreed. I didn't share a lot of his political views, but he genuinely cared for the city of Boston and the people. While we enjoyed poking fun at some of his public speaking, it's sad to see him go this way.

The next time Varitek splits the uprights and Hondo hits a three I will be thinking of him, lol.

In all seriousness, he was great for the city, can't believe how short his retirement ended up being :(

His quotes were priceless and so is what he did for the city.  It is really sad that he didn't get many, many years after retiring to enjoy his grandkids.  Sad, sad day for Boston.  Thoughts and prayers to his family.

The peoples Mayor Menino loses his battle with cancer and will be remembered as caring for all of the people , young and old alike.

To think that he served so long as mayor of the great city of Boston and he was corrupt free, an admiral quality to go along with his caring for every one he represented is an achievement that has not been met by any other politician in our commonwealth.

I never met him in person, but my brother who passed counted him as a personal friend and often would speak about the great mayor, his neighbor up the street, that was always assuring the city that he had things under control, even when things for the city looked bleak.

May he rest In Peace and be remembered for who he was, a true dedicated public servant of the people

The peoples Mayor Menino loses his battle with cancer and will be remembered as caring for all of the people , young and old alike.

To think that he served so long as mayor of the great city of Boston and he was corrupt free, an admiral quality to go along with his caring for every one he represented is an achievement that has not been met by any other politician in our commonwealth.

I never met him in person, but my brother who passed counted him as a personal friend and often would speak about the great mayor, his neighbor up the street, that was always assuring the city that he had things under control, even when things for the city looked bleak.

May he rest In Peace and be remembered for who he was, a true dedicated public servant of the people

Well put Carl. :clap:

My head is the one directly behind Mayor Menino, we were trying to keep Howie Carr from entering his office, but he made us back off and greeted him himself, always gracious.

R.I.P. Mr. Mayor, my friend. +

Sharps, I was going to ask you if this was the Mayor you worked for. I am sorry for your loss as well as the entire City of Boston.

John I expect that the Boston citizens will pay there last respects to the PEOPLES MAYOR. :love:

I spoke with Ron this morning and he is planning to pay his respect to a family member he admired and did some work for, in teaching the inner city kids how to fish at Long Island a few years back.

Yes it was all about the youth of all backgrounds, a true man of the people, who will live on in the annuls of Boston politics

John I expect that the Boston citizens will pay there last respects to the PEOPLES MAYOR. :love:

I spoke with Ron this morning and he is planning to pay his respect to a family member he admired and did some work for, in teaching the inner city kids how to fish at Long Island a few years back.

Yes it was all about the youth of all backgrounds, a true man of the people, who will live on in the annuls of Boston politics

I got a personal phone call from family inviting me to the private funeral but I politely declined, it knew it was going to be an all day affiar; 9:30 meet at Hyde Park municipal building, Secret Service review, shuttle to church, 2 1/2 hour service, shuttle back to Hyde Park, etc. I watched it online.