Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

Homeland security responsible for panty raid.

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Fortunately for Americans everywhere, we have Homeland Security watching our borders to protect us from..... copyright infringement? huh? what?!

NMa6mjP.jpg

Peregrine Honig says she just wanted to help celebrate the hometown team when she designed Lucky Royals boyshorts.

The panties, with “Take the Crown” and “KC” across the rear, were set to be sold in Honig’s Birdies Panties shop Monday. But Homeland Security agents visited the Crossroads store and confiscated the few dozen pairs of underwear, printed in Kansas City by Lindquist Press.

“They came in and there were two guys” Honig said. “I asked one of them what size he needed and he showed me a badge and took me outside. They told me they were from Homeland Security and we were violating copyright laws.”

She thought that since the underwear featured her hand-drawn design, she was safe. But the officers explained that by connecting the “K” and the “C,” she infringed on major league baseball copyright. (The officials involved could not be immediately reached for comment.)

They placed the underwear in an official Homeland Security bag and had Honig sign a statement saying she wouldn’t use the logo.

“We just thought it was something funny we could do,” Honig says of the panties. “But it was so scary.”

Danielle Meister, Honig’s shop partner, says it was like something out of the movies, with the badges and all. But on the bright side, the officers were nice. She says you could tell “they felt like they were kicking a puppy.”

We might not be able to wear Lucky Royals boyshorts from Birdies, but you can still buy a pair of crown-inspired pasties if you’re feisty. birdiespanties.com

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/jenee-osterheldt/article3211088.html#storylink=cpy

I feel safe... do you feel safe... is everyone safe now?

"Homeland Security" is a name that send's shivers down my spine... it's so innocuous sounding.,.. which is what makes it so extra creepy

I blame Bush for this... I understand the post 9/11 mindset that created this agency... but seriously... is this what anyone envisioned?

People need to wake the **** up in this country :dismay:

"Homeland Security" is a name that send's shivers down my spine... it's so innocuous sounding.,.. which is what makes it so extra creepy

I blame Bush for this... I understand the post 9/11 mindset that created this agency... but seriously... is this what anyone envisioned?

People need to wake the **** up in this country :dismay:

I feel much safer that those panties have been taken off "the streets" by Homeland Security. That's tax money well spent and a government agency that focuses on it's real job. Yet again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverRaider View Post

People need to wake the **** up in this country shakehead.gif

Homeland Security,We'll make you safe , like it or not.

A study by the US Senate estimates that copyright infringements cost US companies $48 billion a year and the country nearly 1 million jobs.

Did the panties come from China?

A study by the US Senate estimates that copyright infringements cost US companies $48 billion a year and the country nearly 1 million jobs.

You OK with this?

1. Where the panties came from is irrelevant since Homeland Securty's job is not copyright infringement enforcement.

2. Where the panties came from is irrelevant since copyright is a private right and it is PRIVATELY enforced. The copyright holder has to take the action and file the suit.

3. Where the panties came from is irrelevant since it's not the panties at issue but the hand drawn design printed in Kansas City

Perhaps if you actually read the article...

But Homeland Security agents visited the Crossroads store and confiscated the few dozen pairs of underwear, printed in Kansas City by Lindquist Press.

You OK with this?

I don't have all the facts, but I would assume a large amount if illegal goods flow into the country during sports championships by companies and individuals seeking to steal intellectual property and that the feds would have been checking shipments to kC and SF.

Sometime small times thieves will get caught during bigger investigations.