Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ourway77

Equalizer tree stands

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

0.jpg

I have one of these tree stands it's the easiest safest tree stand made I use to use the regular tree stand but never seemed to get it right. With the equalizer you can make adjustments to level the stand  at your desired height.  I understand that the stands are again available. I highly recommend it. Lou                                      

I couldn't see myself using that...the stand is bulky, and I don' think it is necessary. If you have used your climber for a while it is pretty easy to eyeball a tree and the diameter change as you go up and pick a setting. I got a lone wolf climber a few years ago....super light, super quiet...and most importantly super stable...particularly since I am afraid of heights.

I've always built my stands from wood in the past. I bought a two man ladder stand with roof and enclosure this year. We'll see how well that works come rifle season. Have never used a climber but that one looks pretty cool.

wood huh? I remember doing that a long time ago. Then I realized that if you sit in the same spot all the time the deer always seem to look up into that tree. so I bought a climbing stick and portable stand. Actually a few sets of them. It's rare that I sit the same tree more than a couple times. the only tree's I keep steps in are tree's that hold their leaves longer than the rest and have lots of branches. When the leaves fall, I look for cover, and it's nice have the steps in the tree so I can just climb up and hang a stand, takes 5 minutes.

I get a kick of watching deer come in to a spot after I've moved over a couple of tree's. They look up at the tree I sat in previously and let their guard down a little because they think it's safe.

wood huh? I remember doing that a long time ago. Then I realized that if you sit in the same spot all the time the deer always seem to look up into that tree. so I bought a climbing stick and portable stand. Actually a few sets of them. It's rare that I sit the same tree more than a couple times. the only tree's I keep steps in are tree's that hold their leaves longer than the rest and have lots of branches. When the leaves fall, I look for cover, and it's nice have the steps in the tree so I can just climb up and hang a stand, takes 5 minutes.

I get a kick of watching deer come in to a spot after I've moved over a couple of tree's. They look up at the tree I sat in previously and let their guard down a little because they think it's safe.

Yep, wood box stands, walls, roofs and some guys even put sliding windows in. :laugh: . I lost the last one when our club lost the lease on that piece of property. Hence, the ladder stand.

Or you could just, you know, sit on the ground, sit still and shoot the deer. Outside of bow season I probably hunt out of a stand no more than 6 times a season.

Hell, my old man just finds a tree and leans against it while standing up.

I've always built my stands from wood in the past. I bought a two man ladder stand with roof and enclosure this year. We'll see how well that works come rifle season. Have never used a climber but that one looks pretty cool.

Years ago I built a wooden tree stand with a bench seat long enough to lay down on... Waking up in the complete darkness was eerie. I duck hunted out of a vintage Barnaget Bay Sneakbox that was also good for sleeping.

Years ago I built a wooden tree stand with a bench seat long enough to lay down on... Waking up in the complete darkness was eerie. I duck hunted out of a vintage Barnaget Bay Sneakbox that was also good for sleeping.

Yeah, I've slept in mine plenty. Not sure I was to do it in my new one, though. Although, it does have a safety harness. Still don't want to wake u hanging from the stand. :D

I prefer my 30 inch gorilla silverback with the big cushion. How can you possibility have good form shooting a bow while hanging from your balls like that?