Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StickinLips

When's it over?

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Never pass up a chance to fish if you can take the time to do it. It's going to be a long winter and a final skunking will seem very trivial come some snowy cold feb evening. Plus, there's always the chance for one last good fish.

Stetzko's was November 3rd. Nauset. I thought the other two previous 70 lbers were in November too but I can only find year dates for those.

I've heard conflicting stories on the canal Halloween 60. Heard some that say it was in buttermilk bay. Not sure. Anyone know the story?

Stetzko's was November 3rd. Nauset. I thought the other two previous 70 lbers were in November too but I can only find year dates for those.

I've heard conflicting stories on the canal Halloween 60. Heard some that say it was in buttermilk bay. Not sure. Anyone know the story?

bait on the bottom. slack tide. not to far of a cast...

It seems like late fall can be a good time to catch gigantic bass although its frustrating because they aren't school fish so won't provide 'hot and heavy' action. I don't know about the North Shore but along the southern shores things can be kind of interesting…. okay, boring beyond words until you hook up but interesting once that happens :)

Its definitely a game of putting in the hours though...

It seems like late fall can be a good time to catch gigantic bass although its frustrating because they aren't school fish so won't provide 'hot and heavy' action. I don't know about the North Shore but along the southern shores things can be kind of interesting…. okay, boring beyond words until you hook up but interesting once that happens :)

Its definitely a game of putting in the hours though...

Most people except the extreme die-hards don't have the patience. No question you can get the biggest fish of the year though. Got my PB in RI some years ago on Halloween night, but spent absurd amounts of time doing so. Time I certainly wouldn't have now. :(

Still, I would not completely check out of the Canal until after the next moon tide. It was pretty good the past two years in early Nov.

-bd