Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhillyHillBilly

1 @ 32"

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

I doubt we will ever see a slot.  It makes too much sense because it works very well and has been extremely successful where it has been implemented; reds, snook, etc.  Nah, unfortunately, that will never happen.  A c&r/closed spawning season is another successful strategy that works but will never be implemented either. 

Remember states may do an equivalency reduction. They may elect to go to 2 fish at a certain length or a slot of some sort as long as they can demonstrate it will reduce the take by 25%. Biggie is the reduction and 1 year implementation. :th:

Not sure if you followed the ASMFC vote yesterday live online,

but for the record, New Jersey and delaware were the only two states that voted AGAINST

the 1 @ 28" reduction.

Remember states may do an equivalency reduction. They may elect to go to 2 fish at a certain length or a slot of some sort as long as they can demonstrate it will reduce the take by 25%. Biggie is the reduction and 1 year implementation. :th:

I'll bet a plug that nj becomes 2 @28

I'll bet a plug that nj becomes 2 @28

I don't think they can do it. that would be status quo which was voted down. I think they'll push for 2 fish however. That and a bonus tag gets you back to 3 fish :mad:

I don't think they can do it. that would be status quo which was voted down. I think they'll push for 2 fish however. That and a bonus tag gets you back to 3 fish :mad:

I bet they can find a way to fudge the numbers that would then disprove the 25%....then push for the 2 fish again....I just hope the southern states aren't able to as we're just a quick stop even moreso now with the lack of structure.

A c&r/closed spawning season is another successful strategy that works but will never be implemented either. 

We technically have one, but it should be updated.

Not sure if you followed the ASMFC vote yesterday live online,

but for the record, New Jersey and delaware were the only two states that voted AGAINST

the 1 @ 28" reduction.

I listened to most of it and NJ's objection was that 1@28" would be a 31% reduction. They did not want to go over the minimum 25% reduction that 14 other states were willing to do.

Hard to believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChumSlickJon View Post

We technically have one, but it should be updated.

Jon - I think I'm missing something.  Are you referring to the Delaware River?  Open season start date?  Something else?  I would appreciate your help in bringing me up to speed.  thank you