Oh no:coast guard called for kayaker off monmouth beach

blackfish....hmmmm...i never anchor. you guys do have a tog spot or two

the hobie paddle is such junk, dug hard with it once and the paddle was 45 degrees to the shaft, not a good thing

U blackfish piles or tie up to rocks

I anchor on "pieces" I mark on my machine

If the piles are crowded or fished out

i saw this happen to someone this year but he was able to continue fishing with the broke pedal. How does this happen? I'm on my 3rd hobie have not had this issue, are they putting too much force on the pedals? Just like someone said im thinking of having a small trolling motor for back up thats just too scary.

i saw this happen to someone this year but he was able to continue fishing with the broke pedal. How does this happen? I'm on my 3rd hobie have not had this issue, are they putting too much force on the pedals? Just like someone said im thinking of having a small trolling motor for back up thats just too scary.

Remove the pin or if an old drive that has been thru bolted, remove and spray down area with your choice of lubricant. I like t9 boeshield but it's not the only product out there.

It's from the stress of starting too quickly. Start-off slowly and evenly, building up to the speed you want. Been there, done that .... middle of J-Bay tournament!

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.

It's from the stress of starting too quickly. Start-off slowly and evenly, building up to the speed you want. Been there, done that .... middle of J-Bay tournament!

He talks with a funny accent, but he knows what he's talking about here. :)

I have three revos and an outback for the school club. They get used by high school students and Boy Scouts all year and every one of them tries to tear ass along the water from a dead stop. The intro talk I give them now includes a start slow and steady section, as I'm tired of repairing drives.

NOBODY here has a pass to blow out someone else's candle in order to make theirs shine brighter. TLDig[

He talks with a funny accent, but he knows what he's talking about here. :)

I have three revos and an outback for the school club. They get used by high school students and Boy Scouts all year and every one of them tries to tear ass along the water from a dead stop. The intro talk I give them now includes a start slow and steady section, as I'm tired of repairing drives.

Kids today I tell ya !!!!

When I was their age we used wooden pallets to kayak with and a piece of plywood for a paddle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakfisher2197 View Post

I have 100 ft of parachute type rope.  It's thin and light so it does take up a lot of room (coiled around a holder to avoid a bird's nest).  I typically fish in 60 ft or less, which is plenty deep enough to get all the species I'm targeting.  Not sure how far off the shoreline that is but feels pretty far to me.

I'd like to see your set up.

Probably got really rough out there today.

And if you're heavily reliant on the pedals and they give out.

You are in a world of trouble.

Another lesson learned for me: understand tide wind and current and where it will take me if I run outta gas

Great point How many actually do a proper Paddle Plan and have the local knowledge to do that. How many have the right gear if crap happens.

Mike