Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meant4u

1@28 it is!!!!!!

Rate this topic

108 posts in this topic

Hopefully it will cut out a lot of the slaughter we saw this year at the canal. No more cruisers carrying 2 40# fish.

except during commercial season

This a long awaited regulation with one fish for recreational users. Lets hope they can enforce what they put in place, long term.

Lets hope they close up all of the commercial loop holes that allow what has been occurring over the past several years from being continued.

1@36 imo

This a long awaited regulation with one fish for recreational users. Lets hope they can enforce what they put in place, long term.

Lets hope they close up all of the commercial loop holes that allow what has been occurring over the past several years from being continued.

I believe they're aiming at a 25% overall reduction if I understand correctly.....hopefully the comms don't get to pick up the slack.

I believe they're aiming at a 25% overall reduction if I understand correctly.....hopefully the comms don't get to pick up the slack.

generally it seems like the comms have not had much to say about any form of reduction this time around. Having been to two of the meetings here in Mass and then yesterday's down in Mystic, I have heard almost no complaints about the commercial quota which has also taken a 25% reduction in overall quota. the only danger here is that '2@33' is also considered a 25% reduction by the technical committee and I would expect there will be pressure up and down the coast from charter boats for states to individually change their bag limit to two fish.

it is also worth noting that Chesapeake Bay states are taking a 20.5% reduction and will have different, as-yet-to-be-determined regulations.

That would seek like a hard sell to me but hopefully each state will hold steadfast to 1 @ 28".....particularly due to the strong public support.

So is 1@28" a recommendation and each state is free to adopt their own regulations, or is this now law in Mass? A citation or link to an official announcement would be helpful. I'm disappointed a higher length limit was not imposed, but I guess I can live with a lower possession limit even though it was widely expected that this would happen.

-bd

So is 1@28" a recommendation and each state is free to adopt their own regulations, or is this now law in Mass? A citation or link to an official announcement would be helpful. I'm disappointed a higher length limit was not imposed, but I guess I can live with a lower possession limit even though it was widely expected that this would happen.

-bd

1@28 is The regulation . A state can vote within itself to change their own regulation to an equivalent reduction. (This is the case now as well and how Maine is allowed it's slot limit.)