Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltyh2ofly

Say Something

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

About a year ago, I was releasing a large blue fish by using my foot to slid it back into the water and some fly guy called me out about it, if it was about 15 years or so ago, I would have released him next. I'm all for conservation and release just about all my fish except for keeper fluke, but don't call me out about releasing a blue, try minding your manners and your business.

About a year ago, I was releasing a large blue fish by using my foot to slid it back into the water and some fly guy called me out about it, if it was about 15 years or so ago, I would have released him next. I'm all for conservation and release just about all my fish except for keeper fluke, but don't call me out about releasing a blue, try minding your manners and your business.

Just wondering, if you had kicked it back, should he have still "minded his manners and his business"?

So if you catch two and keep them then keep fishing and catch a bigger fish just get a quick pic of the bigger one for your bragging rights and release her alive since you killed two already. Not to complicated. Hell, worse case give the others too someone.

Hell, worse case give the others too someone.

That's illegal !

Just wondering, if you had kicked it back, should he have still "minded his manners and his business"?

Yes, it's none of his business. When I stepped back from the waters edge to change lures he jumped in my spot, that's when he should have minded his manners. Not much manners with today's

fishermen, they will crowd you, take your spot without a second thought, keep fishing even though your hooked up and let them know you have a fish on and need a little consideration; but release a fish in a way not to their liking and they will be more than happy to let you know.

theres a big difference between kicking a fish like an nfl punter or pele and giving him a wader boot to the arse if hes stuck in the wash. if you purposefully just line it up to kick it cause you're too lazy to walk to the waters edge, then you deserve no respect and it has nothing to do with manners. that's my $.02 on the matter.

theres a big difference between kicking a fish like an nfl punter or pele and giving him a wader boot to the arse if hes stuck in the wash. if you purposefully just line it up to kick it cause you're too lazy to walk to the waters edge, then you deserve no respect and it has nothing to do with manners. that's my $.02 on the matter.

There was no punting involved, nor any manners.

Hell, worse case give the others too someone.

That's illegal !

I know but better then leaving dead stripers on the beach. Obviously, releasing the fish would be best.

I was fortunate enough to get into a similar type blitz myself yesterday, Found a 20 plus pound bass left behind with a gator blue 10 yards away. This is not the first time I've encountered this in NJ.

SCUM!

In montauk last year I saw a guy who would stick his thumb and middle finger into the eye sockets of his bass like a bowling ball and then carry 'em down to the wash for a release.

Really is disgusting and ignorant. Some of these people were raised like animals. Whats really pisses me off is when the fish are gone they'll complain in ignorance, but wont really care and move onto their next neanderthal adventure.

In montauk last year I saw a guy who would stick his thumb and middle finger into the eye sockets of his bass like a bowling ball and then carry 'em down to the wash for a release.

What the **** are wrong with people

It really just boggles my mind