Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striper46

*edited

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I really am confused, have been pondering the purchase of the VS X and now I am considering the VS with that Gift Card of 150$. what do you feel is a better option? I would not have considered the old VS until I saw this deal. So here is my conundrum, should I go with the new technology or give the classic well known fish slayer a shot? 

Saltwater Edge had the same deal minus the free braid. If you're in the market do it.

The difference is that Saltwater Edge also includes the VS100/150 as part of their deal.

I'm patiently waiting the for the VSX...I am sure if folks continue to wait there might be even more great deals on current VS.  The dealers have to get rid of old stock inventory...so I suspect this is the first wave of deals.

For me, I am waiting for the VSX...should be out soon.

just looked at the j and h deal. it looks like they jacked the price up then used the gift card to bring it back to regular price. i.e. vs 200 costs $888 then you get the "free" gift card for $150 which gets credited towards the reel bringing the price to $738. i was gonna pull the trigger but doesnt look like such a great deal. anyone else try to buy one with the same experience.

just looked at the j and h deal. it looks like they jacked the price up then used the gift card to bring it back to regular price. i.e. vs 200 costs $888 then you get the "free" gift card for $150 which gets credited towards the reel bringing the price to $738. i was gonna pull the trigger but doesnt look like such a great deal. anyone else try to buy one with the same experience.

Saltwater Edge - original price remains what it was, and then you receive the gift certificate on top of that

Wow great deal indeed. I have been contemplating purchasing the new VS X model and now more confused. I even have it in my cart and want to hit checkout lol.

!. Hit Checkout

2. Wife reads VISA statement

3. threats ensue...sanity questioned...eventually the guns are put away

3. You hire the best lawyer first

4. You get all the fishing gear and the boat if there is one

6. She get's the house and everything else

7. You fish your butt off for the foreseeable future