Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rogerfowler

airflo beach lines

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Rio Leviathan floater is a good option. I have one for sale for my cost if you'd like. 550gr head, 30', better running line that those POS beach running lines.

$50 shipped, otherwise I'll just return it. I think I need a bit more than 550gr. Never used.

As far as the beach lines, I haven't seen a floater in over a year, but I also havent been looking for a little while.

AA

If the taper is still the same the Irideus ZEN Scandi 606 Distance Shooting Head for $20 at ebay is good buy. If it is made shorter from the rear weight reduces about 15 gr/ft. I bought one few years ago and it has only 6 ft front taper and the rest is level so it is not good Spey line but very powerful overhead casting taper so I bought another. Mine did weight 725gt which is more than this particular 606 gr and lengths were also 41 ft. Coating (PVC) was nasty to weld and if it has stayed the same I recommend using a bobbin and fly tying thread if there is need to make it a full line.

Esa

Roger

Tough call. Tackle Bargains has been my port of call to for the I and fast sink versions also now out of stock and done. I will have a scour of my UK contacts and see if I can locate one for you.

Mike

Roger

You did well. I have not managed to locate a line as yet. Do you need a spare line or should I call off my search for now?

You might be able to locate the I line and fast sink from your same source if they are of interest to you also. They are Ok lines if not perfect. The join between the running line and head is not the very best but can be fixed if it goes west on you.

Always good to hear when a result is achieved.

Mike