Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shipwreck

SP Bullet in Action.

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

So the production quality SP Bullet was fished last night for the first time in the US. My sources tell me some bad news however. They may not be in shops until late this year. No shops have these yet but some do have a sample to look at.

When the prototype was tested it caught fish. But the color was not a US color and it was a prototype so they did not publish pictures. This is a US model that is production quality and it worked like a charm. Only had a couple of hours to play but it put 2 bass and pig blue fish on the beach. Was really happy about the beefed up VMC's and hardware. Also casted pretty well, I will give that a B minus.

Ship-

When you say "casted pretty well".......Can you give a number in terms of yardage/fee ?? I understand depending on what rod, reel, line used numbers can vary......but looking to see what you cranked out with this lure................Thanks.

Since the weight is static does not move when you cast it like a regular SP I found it prone to cartwheeling. I was able to control it, but I also was casting straight into the wind. I was getting as far as the guys fishing Super Strike poppers. I just felt it tumbled a bit too easy, but the end result was still an above average distance. I also had a soft 9 footer. My Legend would have sent that bitch.

Water was too rough to see the action. I fished the 45g and the 60g. They feel and fish just like a needle with a very slight wobble and a lazy side to side. If swam fast they stayed high up in the column.

Water was too rough to see the action. I fished the 45g and the 60g. They feel and fish just like a needle with a very slight wobble and a lazy side to side. If swam fast they stayed high up in the column.

That's what I needed to hear. Thanks.

Since the weight is static does not move when you cast it like a regular SP I found it prone to cartwheeling. I was able to control it, but I also was casting straight into the wind. I was getting as far as the guys fishing Super Strike poppers. I just felt it tumbled a bit too easy, but the end result was still an above average distance. I also had a soft 9 footer. My Legend would have sent that bitch.
LOL.....Ship "as far as the guys fishing Super Strike poppers" ??????? That's a %$@#&* ways out there!!! Wow, cartwheeling or not....comparing it to a SS popper is one hell of a caster !! No?

Probably should buy a SS needles. Lots of em. They rock.

The SP Bullet has a different profile and moves side to side better. I like try and switch things up and we know the bass love the SP profile.