fish'nmagician

I went to Cigar City

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

brooklyn oktoberfest is quite good

yup,

Cigar City has some brews that are VERY highly rated.

they just didn't have them when I was there.

which made me sad.

:(

I was at a client's house last week and he started talking about how he's going to start a brewery with his son. I had no idea that he was into brewing and after talking for a while, I learned that he REALLY throws down. Had his double IPA that involved hops grown in his backyard and it's soundly in my Pantheon of beers. His stout was also top, top notch. I think we'll all be buying his beers in due time. His IPA was legitimately as good as Heady Topper and he said it's not his best as he used a California yeast and thinks it's better with a traditional English yeast.

My mind was blown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

I was at a client's house last week and he started talking about how he's going to start a brewery with his son. I had no idea that he was into brewing and after talking for a while, I learned that he REALLY throws down. Had his double IPA that involved hops grown in his backyard and it's soundly in my Pantheon of beers. His stout was also top, top notch. I think we'll all be buying his beers in due time. His IPA was legitimately as good as Heady Topper and he said it's not his best as he used a California yeast and thinks it's better with a traditional English yeast.

My mind was blown.

hook me up !

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle241 View Post

I actually did not like Cigar City's beers that much when I was there this summer. I didn't try all of them mind you. Did get some Funky Budda, enjoyed that.

Some are kinda gimmicky,

others are downright awesome,

do you remember what you had?

Some are kinda gimmicky,

others are downright awesome,

do you remember what you had?

Tried the Jai Alai, Invasion and Patio Tools. I like Allagash beers but then I am biased as they are in my backyard. If you're interested, Google beerploma, it's a friend and colleagues passion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle241 View Post

Tried the Jai Alai, Invasion and Patio Tools. I like Allagash beers but then I am biased as they are in my backyard. If you're interested, Google beerploma, it's a friend and colleagues passion.

will do.