Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

What about afganistan? Hows that going?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Did we win?

Are we staying, are we leaving?  What are you guys gonna do?  What is President Jarretts best move politically?

Democrats, fill us in on the Afgan War please, it seems to be missing from the news as well.

Things are swell over there. We spent $7b to get rid of the poppy farmers, and they are having their biggest crop ever. Heroin in the US will be cheaper than ever.

China just gave them $327m.

Raytheon stock is up on drone strike futures.

Hillary's Secretary of State Al Sharpton is already forming an international coalition to fight off the next incarnation of the Taliban.

That is because birds of a feather flock together. In their case, Cuckoo birds.

Got to disagree on cuckoos, they are very smart birds, although their habit of letting of making others care for their young is exactly like the welfare state lauded here, Dodo is probably more descriptive and apt.

Next time you re-post a post that a forum leader, admin or website owner removed, it will be your last post here. Keep your personal, off topic comments out of these discussions or they (and you) will be removed. Thanks :th:

TimS

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just buy the Opium?

We gave them deep water well technology. We figured they could irrigate the desert, and grow things. Stuff like squash, and turnips and carrots and corn. Liberals imagined visions of nice pastoral farms with happy little kids playing goat carcass polo. We even spent millions on TV trucks for them so they could televise the goat carcass polo games(true story).

The deep water well technology was wildly successful. They grew poppies. Lots of them. Sprinkle some seeds, water daily, bribe the government and the Taliban. Watch it grow.

Countries like that need dictators.. or in that case crazy radical nutcases

the Taliban was actually against Heroin and kept the farmers in check... now they are cranking out the ingrediants for heroin ten-fold

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just buy the Opium?

I think you are on to something here.

We could have weaponized opium, and fire smoldering balls of it into enemy occupied buildings, turning them into happy little chappies.

True WMDs - Weapons of Mass Dreams

:th:  TimS, I get it.  

Bad stuff that requires censorship is determined at the discretion of admins and forum leaders, and you.  

I just saw a difference between (deleted by tims) and this:  Originally Posted by TimS View Post

Originally Posted by TimS View Post

Next time you re-post a post that a forum leader, admin or website owner removed, it will be your last post here. Keep your personal, off topic comments out of these discussions or they (and you) will be removed. Thanks icon14.gif

TimS

The re-posts were for a reconsideration of whether I was indeed too personal with a dartboard comment in comparison to .... 

Maybe its that my signature line is too offensive.    :why: 

Seriously? If you can't post something that is ON TOPIC and RELEVANT to the discussion - stop posting. I don't care if you understand why I object to off topic derailment of so many discussion - I could care less about your signature - and PLEASE don't respond with another off topic (to the discussion determined by the first post in this thread) post. Keep your posts on topic - keep the personal stuff out - stop disrupting discussions with off topic crap and stop restoring posts that were removed. Nobody asked you if you think they should have been removed - nobody authorized you to over ride the decision to remove them. Once they are deleted, consider them inappropriate. Posting them again just ensures that you will be removed.

Thanks. Now stick to the topic of the thread - excellent :th:

TimS

Afghanistan Democrats or Obama?

No matter who went in there including Iraq those countries are a sinkhole of human lives and billions in borrowed debt to America.

Why do we do it?

Afghanistan Democrats or Obama?

No matter who went in there including Iraq those countries are a sinkhole of human lives and billions in borrowed debt to America.

Why do we do it?

It's for the "kids". Baby goats, in this case. Our military is raising baby goats for Kate Spade.

The Pentagon would seem like the last place to go for fashion advice. But for the last two years, a task force at the U.S. Department of Defense has been deeply involved in introducing Afghan cashmere to the international fashion market.

It's an ambitious initiative, one that involves design house Kate Spade, a farm in Italy, a laboratory in Colorado, years of genetics research and goats. Lots and lots of goats.

Come December, when the Pentagon pulls out of the program and hands it over to Afghan control, everyone will see if the efforts have worked. Can humble goatherders from the volatile, war-ravaged region one day influence the runways of Paris and Milan?

The story starts with a Defense Department unit called the Task Force for Business & Stability Operations. This team focuses on economic development in countries that include Iraq and Afghanistan. Often, that means trying to interest large American companies in the region, with hopes of creating jobs and businesses that can weather the economic and geopolitical turbulence.

:th:   TimS, I get it.  

Bad stuff that requires censorship is determined at the discretion of admins and forum leaders, and you.  

I just saw a difference between (deleted by tims) and this:  Originally Posted by TimS go_quote.gif

Next time you re-post a post that a forum leader, admin or website owner removed, it will be your last post here. Keep your personal, off topic comments out of these discussions or they (and you) will be removed. Thanks :th:

TimS

The re-posts were for a reconsideration of whether I was indeed too personal with a dartboard comment in comparison to .... 

Read the sticky at the top of this forum about discussing the topic and not the source.

Fifteen posts in this thread, half revolve around me being obnoxious—and I was derailing Little's hope of learning:  Did we win?  Are we staying, are we leaving?  What are you guys gonna do?  What is President Jarretts best move politically?  Democrats, fill us in on the Afgan War please, it seems to be missing from the news as well.  

Is Little's Mission Accomplished?