A post

Ha! Yes, been checking forecasts, fishing reports, and tide charts just about every hour. I'm completely useless at work right now as well. I'm sure my boss will be glad when next week is over.

Definitely in the home stretch now, under a week to go. Heading to Harker's Island on Wednesday, then on the Atlantic ferry early Thursday morning.

Thanks for the post!

Will be going over 11/5, fifth trip this year, just got off the phone with a friend who is on P.I. right now. Has been during good on sea mullet, a few flounder, 4 or 5 puppy drum a day, a few small blue fish, slowed down yesterday and the water got murky. the good news is he is still catching pompano, means the water is still warm, a lot of people are fishing north, Lots of good holes from mm12 down. By the way he only uses frozen shrimp. GO figure. bill

I was fishing with NoPackGoHeels, and I'll post on his behalf:

Arrived on North Core around noon on Thursday.  First cast I caught 2 26" drum.  All my buddies looked at me like it was gonna bust wide open, but sadly that pace did not continue.  We did put 2 more slots in the cooler that day (23 and 25.5) and got into some small sea mullet to round out the day.  That night we went up north but the SW wind picked up and made fishing tough cause none of us remembered an 8 oz weight!

Friday we went made our way to Ocracoke inlet in a NW wind and had a mixed bag along the way of small stuff: sea mullet, flounder, blues, black drum, but a couple of big keeper toads.  I got a 29" red about half mile south of the inlet, and our next door neighbor caught a 43" that night. Skates were thick.

Saturday got into the blues in a NE wind and had a nice lunch of them, and one throwback red. Skates thick again.

Sunday fished a little waiting on our noon ferry from old drum inlet, but only saw skates caught.

The weather was nice except the wrong wind.  Total opposite of last year when my first catch was a skate, and then couldn't keep drum off my hooks rest of trip.

Lots of bird activity and the porpoises/dolphins put on a nice show.

Glad you did good.....................on PI now, several hundred blues (really icredible), a few founder and mullets, no drum for me yet. Vehicle concerns and being alone are keeping me from running to far north.........

Quote:

Vehicle concerns and being alone................

not sure what's the concern with your vehicle , but the ferry service will do whatever they can to help you .

rick and kari are 2 of the best people that live there i've had the pleasure to meet . if you have a problem just call them .

when we were there they sent someone to get a starter  for his truck and sent it over on the ferry .

unless you are the only person on the island , you are never 'alone'.

derf

Yes derf, I agree abot rick and kari, but would prefer not to need their help. 94 yota with 280,000 started running rich, think its the air sensor, know they could and would get me one..........................but again, would prefer it if I do not need one. South end was incredible on monday, dead today....................

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting caught up with the internet post, to let you know about the north end

In Oct we were going north and almost to the entrance to the village on the north end, saw a truck and camper with the hood up, stopped and asked if he had a problem, he did, the transmission had boiled dry. I had some trans fluid [ford], we put 3 qts. in, did not make any difference [his wife had run all the way north in low gear [not low range]. He called the marina to get a wrecker. Later pulled him over the the posts so as the tide would not get him. He wanted to pay for our help, told him we all work together out here, just help someone else'

To get to the point of this post I did ask him to call me and let me know to cost of the wrecker

here it is

wrecker to north end- $780.00

ferry for wrecker- $200.00

I guess he had the wrecker com. fix the transmission - Total $4100.00

+ what ever the ferry cost for him

Just thought this was interesting.