stripercrazy

winter danny project.....danny's only talk here...show and tell

Rate this topic

340 posts in this topic

You want a kick ass Danny Eh,,,,

I bet you want one with almost roll and a awesome side to side action staying up top in fast water don't You.....

I made a proto type plug I dunno when I made it but it has tonged a lot of juicy fish :D

what I did was I dint use Alaskan yeller cedar I had some nice red western cedar I got from a job site it was like 4x4x 12 so I quarter it up

But what I did was turn the wood like one of my fat boy dannys.

No weigh in the plug at all but what ya need to do cause if ya don't it wont werk as good it after u get ya body made mix up some epoxy and seal the whole plug ,

oh yeah through wire and hook holes already done

Anyway sand the plug prime and paint it what ya want then epoxy the plug again.

wire it up and use a pike 2 lip not a danny lip now u will have a plug that swims so awesome .

reason for the double epoxy is a uniform weight and after the 2nd coat not only does it swim with less than 10 deg roll but it holds up, I used system 3 clear coat I think

I used 2/0 vmc with my spacing on my reg dannys

start out with a 1/78th X 1 7/8 block of cedar 6 " long that's the length of the plug.

Just the mere mention of a pikie lip and Mike Fixter shows up. Hi Mike!:wave:

So if you put a pikie lip on a Danny body, is it a Dikie? A Pinkie? A Dankie?

Bassmaster must know. And yeah, that Pikie 2 lip is a favorite, I make 2 swimers using that lip, and I like the way they swim.

I think when Bassmaster makes Danny's with a Pikie lip he calls them "DUMMYS". What has worked well for me on Dannys less than 7" are the Lefty 2 lip with the middle slot. Even some of the Cigar style plugs I've made up to 8" have worked well with that lip. I drill the through wire hole centered front & back & use the front hole as a reference on where to cut the lip slot. None of the Dannys or cigar plugs I make are weighted in any manner. On large or real chubby Danny's or Cigar plugs I use the same lip I use on my big pikies. Experimenting with where your Danny has the most circumference (shoulders, middle or rear of center) can be beneficial in learning how the plug will perform. On the smaller or slender Danny's a 3/0 seems adequate but anything bigger I prefer to use 4/0's. I know many builders prefer to use a dressed Siwash but the trebles have always worked fine for me. Hope this is of some benefit. Mike

I think when Bassmaster makes Danny's with a Pikie lip he calls them "DUMMYS". What has worked well for me on Dannys less than 7" are the Lefty 2 lip with the middle slot. Even some of the Cigar style plugs I've made up to 8" have worked well with that lip. I drill the through wire hole centered front & back & use the front hole as a reference on where to cut the lip slot. None of the Dannys or cigar plugs I make are weighted in any manner. On large or real chubby Danny's or Cigar plugs I use the same lip I use on my big pikies. Experimenting with where your Danny has the most circumference (shoulders, middle or rear of center) can be beneficial in learning how the plug will perform. On the smaller or slender Danny's a 3/0 seems adequate but anything bigger I prefer to use 4/0's. I know many builders prefer to use a dressed Siwash but the trebles have always worked fine for me. Hope this is of some benefit. Mike

Hey lets see those dannies you speak of. Good information here.