Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gregwa

deer ticks

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Does suck. I spent pretty much all of July in bed with it. In and out of hospital 3 times. Never found the bite and the test came back negative but that is not unusual, but that was the diagnosis. The drug was not fun either, 6 weeks of it for me. Good luck.

Does suck. I spent pretty much all of July in bed with it. In and out of hospital 3 times. Never found the bite and the test came back negative but that is not unusual, but that was the diagnosis. The drug was not fun either, 6 weeks of it for me. Good luck.

Whoa, very sorry to hear that. Lyme and the related diseases are scary for anyone who loves the outdoors.

been there...never felt so sick in my life before i started the drugs. sucks.

for years i was weary about going into the woods because of it, but the reality is i probably got it in my front yard.

got a black lab pup this spring and i saw screw it. can't live life in fear of a tiny bug.

just check yourself and do your best to prevent them.

good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambellies View Post

Whoa, very sorry to hear that. Lyme and the related diseases are scary for anyone who loves the outdoors.

you ain't ****n,I got fish to catch,deer to shoot,and artifacts to find.sweet Jesus..nobody got time for dat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Pulse View Post

my doctors exact words were 50 percent of the time ticks were never seen...Im fckd ive pulled more deer ticks than I would care to count.hopfully ive built up an imune system.as of now I have no symptoms of lime and I truly hope your feeling better

My boss got Lyme about 6 years, but it is all of the coinfections that have messed her up real bad. It is learning about all the coinfections that scares the scrap out of me after seeing all she still goes through all these years later.

I got ehrlichiosis/anaplasmosis from a tick bite this summer down the Cape ,those doctors see tons of lime but I guess . they don't see this that often.

the fever came on in about three days after the bite .I went a few days with 103 degree fever while camping thinking it was just a normal virus but I never got better I finally went to the walk In in Harwich. the doctor new it wasn't lime due to the time of the infection but just incase gave a general antibiotic. I took that for four more days and never got better still had the 103 fever for eight days now . I get home and see my doctor and there freeked I have sweat pouring out of every pore and even leaking out of my eye ducts and my O2 level is down to 90. they do a full lab work and say my blood count and oxygen are way down .they do a tick panel and find this disease .

Yeah, it took her a long time to get the correct diagnosis for each one that made things worse. It seems that a lot of doctors still underestimate the disease.