The Jets

Rate this topic

Skitter

Vick was supposed to be a mentor for geno. Looks like he was as genos going out to strip clubs in San Diego instead of team meetings.

Probably should have looked at Palmer. But no way the jets could get alex smith from kc... Unless for a 1st rounder in 2015 and then maybe.

Idzick is probably the dumbest guy in ny aside from woody johnson

Vick was supposed to be a mentor for geno. Looks like he was as genos going out to strip clubs in San Diego instead of team meetings.

Probably should have looked at Palmer. But no way the jets could get alex smith from kc... Unless for a 1st rounder in 2015 and then maybe.

Idzick is probably the dumbest guy in ny aside from woody johnson

Nah smart as a bean counter and making sure the team bus leaves and arrives on time.

we may have, but where is he today? Actually I think we picked him up on wavers due to bad behavior in Cinn. I may be wrong. The positions pay ( salary) has deteriorated in the past few year. My point is look at the patriots and see what they have used for running back it seems we always have a new one, that turns out successful. One goes down and another one fills in.

Actually we did use a second round pick for him.........interesting, look at how he was eventually used......

The Patriots used Dillon more frequently as a pass receiver, with 23 receptions for 193 yards and a touchdown, which was more receiving yards than he had gained in his past 2 seasons combined

:huh:

No that wasn't your point..........your point was exactly what you wrote and what I responded to.......that its stupid to trade for running backs.

Ok, so you now agree that your Patriots did indeed trade for a RB.......Corey Dillon. And yes they did give up a a high pick to do it. And it worked out quite nicely. Do you not remember the 2004 season?

I don't know where you got that specific quote about 23 rec/ 193 yds because it has nothing to do with what he did for the Patriots after joining them and gives the totally wrong impression of Dillon's value to the Patriots::

"In the 2004 season, Dillon set career highs and franchise records with 1,635 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns. He was a major factor in the Patriots win over the Indianapolis Colts in New England's first playoff game, rushing for 144 yards and catching 5 passes for 17 yards. New England won its third Super Bowl, due in no small part to the running game built around Dillon. He was the top rusher of Super Bowl XXXIX with 75 rushing yards and a touchdown, while also catching 3 passes for 31 yards, for 106 total yards. Overall, Dillon rushed for a total of 292 yards, caught 9 passes for 53 yards, and scored 2 touchdowns in New England's 3 postseason games."

Those 1635 yds of Dillon's are still the single season record for the Pats.........you should be so lucky that the Pats make more, what you would call, stupid moves.

:huh:

Ok, so you now agree that your Patriots did indeed trade for a RB.......Corey Dillon. And yes they did give up a a high pick to do it. And it worked out quite nicely. Do you not remember the 2004 season?

I don't know where you got that specific quote about 23 rec/ 193 yds because it has nothing to do with what he did for the Patriots after joining them and gives the totally wrong impression of Dillon's value to the Patriots::

"In the 2004 season, Dillon set career highs and franchise records with 1,635 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns. He was a major factor in the Patriots win over the Indianapolis Colts in New England's first playoff game, rushing for 144 yards and catching 5 passes for 17 yards. New England won its third Super Bowl, due in no small part to the running game built around Dillon. He was the top rusher of Super Bowl XXXIX with 75 rushing yards and a touchdown, while also catching 3 passes for 31 yards, for 106 total yards. Overall, Dillon rushed for a total of 292 yards, caught 9 passes for 53 yards, and scored 2 touchdowns in New England's 3 postseason games."

Those 1635 yds of Dillon's are still the single season record for the Pats.

That quote was his final year with the pats. I get what you say about trade. for a 2nd rounder it was well worth it. Dillion was special even before the pats traded for him. as you pointed it out it was 2004, over 10 years ago.

My point today is running backs with a few exceptions are a dime a dozen, and they're like bic lighters, once there is no spark you throw them away and get anew one. The salary for running backs has gone down more and more each year. there's 10 running backs for each team in the league and 8 or 9 of them could start tomorrow and have decent no fumble numbers.

Dillon was a great addition for the pats, really a luxury. Antwan Smith was a guy I really liked watching, kind of like Brandon Jacobs. I thought he helped Brady a lot early on.

I hope the jets don't find a guy like any of those 3.

If I were a Pats fan I think Id be more concerned about who was going to replace Brady and Bill in 2-3 years.

If I were a Pats fan I think Id be more concerned about who was going to replace Brady and Bill in 2-3 years.

I don't know one person that is super concerned, we have a winning and competitive culture. I would be more concened if Kraft died or decided to sell the team.

The New Jersey Jets could certainly use 3-5 years of decent competitive football

Eric Decker steps into a Twitter minefield of bitter Jets fans

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 30, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT

One of these days, earnest people looking for feedback from the public are going to realize that asking Twitter for it is not always the best idea.

New Jets wide receiver Eric Decker was just being nice, offering signed gear to the best response he got to an innocuous question, when Twitter and Jets schadenfreude collided in a glorious mess of sarcasm and bitterness.

As Seth Walder of the New York Daily News points out, his timing probably wasn’t perfect, coming after they changed quarterbacks while falling to 1-7 then had one of the more bizarre General Manager press conferences ever.

“#jetsnation, tell me why you love the @nyjets using #jetsdiehardfan and I’ll send a signed prize to my favorite,” Decker tweeted.

And then came the comedians.

“I love the Jets because they are consistent. They let me down week after week,” said @conor_heraty.

“I’m a #jetsdiehardfan because they let Parcells, Belichick and Carroll walk out the door. Thanks from the rest of the country!” @14TeamMocker wrote.

“because apparently I’m a masochist,” said @JP_NYJ.

Someone going by @peachy931 said simply: “butt fumble.”

I’m sure he’ll find someone genuine to give his gift to. But it took a lot of sifting through the smart alecks to find one, I’m sure.

We got that covered. This is a jets thread guy

lol...............you personally can try and set all the rules for this thread that you like but that doesnt mean Im bound to follow them........besides, whats wrong with a little fairness, Pats fans should be able to deal with the same arguments they give out to Jet fans imo.........or Dolphin fans for that matter.

Ok let's go off topic.. The pats won how many games with Matt Cassel? I think the guy they took in the second round looks like he'd start for the jets if they had him so... Yeah

They pats have a great organization and kraft has as much to do with it as bb or Brady or all the other players.

I don't know one person that is super concerned, we have a winning and competitive culture. I would be more concened if Kraft died or decided to sell the team.

The New Jersey Jets could certainly use 3-5 years of decent competitive football

You have a culture of winning with Brady and Bill(and certainly by extension that includes Kraft)...........and maybe two to three years of the same with Parcells(Kraft once again as owner but no ring) in the 90's...............thats it in the history of the franchise which goes back to 1960. I go back to the days of Babe Parelli, tho only the last season or two of his career. Coaches like Bill dont grow on trees......and lord knows later round draft picks almost never end up playing like Brady. Who is out there at the moment who might fill Bill's spot as coach?......forget about Brady........Cowher and Gruden are the names most frequently tossed out, neither one of them are close to Bill's class on x's and o's.......I dont see anyone who can scheme a defense/offense or be as organized and on top of things as Belecick can. Kraft and his son cant scheme a defense......nor can they hire a coach if that coach doesnt exist at the moment. They can have all the desire in the world, as well as the willingness to spend big dollars.......but if a Belecick or Brady isnt on the market at the moment, things get rocky when they're gone. The Packers in the 60's had a culture of winning multiple rings......where were they in the 70's and 80's?????...........the Dolphins, Cowboys, Steelers, and lesser extent the Raiders, had the same in the 70's..........where were they overall in the 80's and 90's???........the Cowboys after some horrid years returned in the 90's with Johnson as coach and a culture of winning, where have they been the last 20 years since?????

Ok let's go off topic.. The pats won how many games with Matt Cassel? I think the guy they took in the second round looks like he'd start for the jets if they had him so... Yeah

They pats have a great organization and kraft has as much to do with it as bb or Brady or all the other players.

Wait and see once they're gone :D ........certainly having an owner who wants to win and is willing to spend some money to do that is part of the recipe for winning championships......but its a small part of the recipe when you take into account the right mix coming together of players and matching that mix with the right coach, and there is also the right "chemistry" which can never be predicted, its simply there or not ........and all these things coming together at the right time. Kraft plays a part, but not a part that is anywhere equal to Brady or Belicick.

If what youre claiming about Kraft were true, then owners like Wellington Mara and Dan Rooney would have won a LOT more rings than they did in the course of owning their teams.

Meanwhile.........you and Iphish just keep "whistling thru the graveyard" as they say.

Vermonter, I agree with you sustaining a winning record and multiple championships in the NFL is no easy task . It takes a combination of great players and coaches, with that being said the Jets have never experienced this in their 50 plus years in existence . One of the many things us Jets fans keep waiting and hoping for, Rex gave us the most hope in quite awhile .

(*member formerly known as 'PCSilverstriper')

Vermonter, I agree with you sustaining a winning record and multiple championships in the NFL is no easy task . It takes a combination of great players and coaches, with that being said the Jets have never experienced this in their 50 plus years in existence . One of the many things us Jets fans keep waiting and hoping for, Rex gave us the most hope in quite awhile .

Yeah Rex did with those first two years of making the AFC title game, and pulling it off with a weak offense.........Im well aware of that, impossible not to notice the change in say Sudsy, Gami, and IC in those days, who I think of as the main Jet fans in the forum. Trouble for you guys now as I see it is he cant replicate his style of defense due to the cornerbacks he has at the moment. Like Suday said..........if they had a decent care taker QB, the offense would be okay.....certainly not great but okay...........if they had say a Chad Pennington back, but they dont have him and the defense is hurting against most NFL team's passing game.