Century demo at J

Rate this topic

BrianBM

All you need is a credit card? Did you ever rent a car? Tuxedo?

In my opinion, sales will go down since many will realize after a long night of fishing that $500 is too much to shell out if they already own a similar rod that can do the job with same results. A demo gives you the wrong impression that the results will be the much better...

LOL. For once, I agree with Levari. Normally his hairs are too fine to deserve splitting. ;)

Dammit. He took my perfectly nice thread and drifted it sideways. A pox on him.

Stopped by the store again this PM, having worked up a fine froth of barely suppressed rage on a particular case I'm closing out, just to calm myself down by futzing with tackle.

They have just a few rods, but not the ones that most interested me.

Somehow I am not overcome with gratitude.

I stopped by J&H today again, and looked at a couple of rods -just to simmer down after a very vexing afternoon. Nice stuff; so are various CTS rods; so are many Lami products. De gustibus non disputandem. There are very few rods I haven't liked while lawn casting. As for Redhawk's participation, that is something to which I always attend with interest, but who's to say he wouldn't have found his way into this thread even if you and PP didn't connive to drift it into marketing theory?

So there, you damn thread-drifting hair-splitter of nonexistent hairs. Go plague the Tavern with how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, or something.

Somehow I am not overcome with gratitude.

I stopped by J&H today again, and looked at a couple of rods -just to simmer down after a very vexing afternoon. Nice stuff; so are various CTS rods; so are many Lami products. De gustibus non disputandem. There are very few rods I haven't liked while lawn casting. As for Redhawk's participation, that is something to which I always attend with interest, but who's to say he wouldn't have found his way into this thread even if you and PP didn't connive to drift it into marketing theory?

So there, you damn thread-drifting hair-splitter of nonexistent hairs. Go plague the Tavern with how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, or something.

The title of the thread is Century demo at J&H and you write about J&H inventory of Lamiglas and CTS. So, whats the difference?..Is this a thread about J&H inventory or Century Demo? if PP post had no place in this thread so are your last few posts talking about J&H inventory which has nothing to do with the Century Demo and Century rods at the demo...

I never knew that to be available. Where do I go to borrow a Daiwa Isla 500H for an overnight trip?

Do you want to try one?

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

LOL Knew I should have stayed out of this one.....

Seriously, I also attended as Ryan hadn't gotten all the blanks in by the Sept show as he expected... There is now a lineup of blanks/rods ranging from 8' to the 11' blanks. Few things I noticed, they are now available with the ferrule glued to the bottom from the factory. The ferrule is now designed so these rods can either be used as a 2 piece or glued up to a 1 piece rod, (no comments Splitter of hairs) ...... They have extended the kevlar weave higher up the blank making the bottom end stronger. They also added "s"glass to the top end. It doesn't appear to change the action as I put the 11' against the original 11' and the bend in the blanks are the same. The newer one did feel slightly heavier in the tip.

You will need to check them out yourself as I always tell everybody. DON'T go by what others say.....

Shows will be here in no time.

O K I'm back on track......