Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjdbike

Jetty Ghost sand-eel metals?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Hi folks

I just saw a pic of Jetty Ghost sand eel metals. The look sweet. They're keeled so the ride true in the water, have a life like finish and a bend to create wiggle. On the other hand, I've done well w/ shiny non-liflike metals like T-hex, AVA and Deadly Dicks and haven't caught w/ the lifelike metals (not that I've used them much at all).

Have any of you use these Jetty Ghost sand eel metals or other like them? Have you had any success with them? Do you fish them differently than a T-Hex, AVA or Deadly Dick?

Thanks for any input.

JD

I have done very well with Jetty Ghost metals in many different situations .They are made with a top quality finish that I find almost indestructible , and they are also rigged with quality hardware. When all else fails I always seem to be able to pick up a fish or two with these rigs even when sand eels are not around!;)

Ive witnessed on several occasions two people standing next to each other with two different slim profile lures where one catches and the other doesn't. I have even noticed when two of the same lure with different color tail hooks work different. In fact I hate using Ava jigs with a passion but found after a day of tossing everything under the sun they were the only things that worked.Jetty Ghosts Are not just a sand eel jig they can be applied to many applications of fishing and there are many types of models.

Hi folks

I just saw a pic of Jetty Ghost sand eel metals. The look sweet. They're keeled so the ride true in the water, have a life like finish and a bend to create wiggle. On the other hand, I've done well w/ shiny non-liflike metals like T-hex, AVA and Deadly Dicks and haven't caught w/ the lifelike metals (not that I've used them much at all).

Have any of you use these Jetty Ghost sand eel metals or other like them? Have you had any success with them? Do you fish them differently than a T-Hex, AVA or Deadly Dick?

Thanks for any input.

JD[/quote

I gave you my honest opinion, if you want to know about slim profiles talk to Gully he's seems to be an expert.

Jjdbike,

( I manufacture these lures)

Fish them like any metal. Don't limit yourself though. Metals, just like bucktails can cover the entire water column and be worked at different speeds and retrieves. The hair and feathers on metals like Pt. Jude, AOK, Charlie Graves,and mine can make a difference at times. Often when they're keyed on sand eels- any metal with a tube will do.

I appreciate the interest, and thank you for the kind words guys.

Jjdbike,

( I manufacture these lures)

Fish them like any metal. Don't limit yourself though. Metals, just like bucktails can cover the entire water column and be worked at different speeds and retrieves. The hair and feathers on metals like Pt. Jude, AOK, Charlie Graves,and mine can make a difference at times. Often when they're keyed on sand eels- any metal with a tube will do.

I appreciate the interest, and thank you for the kind words guys.

well said, have a few and yet to take em out. will have to change that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gully View Post

Fish on sand eels will eat anything that moves

I agree with this statement.

no no no!!  these noble majestic fish are only caught by the highly skilled..  :read: ;)

their brain is the size of a bread crumb.  they don't know what picky is..  :th:

Like any other bite there are times when you could flip a coin into the water and it woudnt hit the bottom and times when they can be extreemly picky.

Johnny Cakes the Bass sure were picky yesterday only wanted live bunker , the day before the teaser was their choice ! I guess you should carry a few different types of lures in your arsenal when they get picky on what their going to eat that day! Oh yeh guys using the dark teasers did far better than the guys with light color. The old school match the hatch theory works well when they decide they want to eat only one bait that day.;)