Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delaware surfman

Barnegat jetty repair video.

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I was on the NJBBA website and listed at the top of the page is about a 4 min video from a helicopter, drone I think, don't know how to link it sorry. It's from 10-14-14 it's not close to being done by the looks of it. When is the scheduled completion date?? What kinda access down that far? It looked like a few trucks kinda close.

Completion date is "When it's DONE" (No exact date, could be one month or up to 3 months away)  access is only up  to the construction area which is marked by a sign, tape line and security guard.  Get caught going beyond that point, you are subject to a fine up to $1000.00.  Not worth it in MHO. The pocket is mostly filled in by sand, those rocks are not what they once were, better off looking elsewhere than waiting and hoping for them to finish up before the "Run" starts. Hope this helps.

I recently aired down as the work crew was doing same in the dark. At that moment I was into getting out there and didn't attempt any chatter. I will say when I watched .. they worked! It actually appeared like lots of large jetty stones were moved in the short window I lurked then in retrospect maybe it was all.. smoke and mirrors.............................. ;)