Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mak1

what braid

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

iv been having problems with the daiwa tournament 8 braid in 50lb .26mm on its knots

i now want another  good smooth 8 strand solid braid to use back in the uk what would you recommend

I like power pro slick 8 and Sufix 832 braid. Also as TWilson said use the Palomar knot whenever possible to swivel/terminal tackle or Uni to Uni knot if tying direct.

I think Spiderwire is the worst braid I have ever tried - tried several different diameters and they were all horrible, has the consistency of bakers string but I wouldn't use it to wrap a cannoli box. Stick to Power Pro Slick, Suffix 832 and original Fireline fused and you can't go wrong.

I think Spiderwire is the worst braid I have ever tried - tried several different diameters and they were all horrible, has the consistency of bakers string but I wouldn't use it to wrap a cannoli box. Stick to Power Pro Slick, Suffix 832 and original Fireline fused and you can't go wrong.

I'll support you on the last three, I am using Suffix 832 now. It is rounder, smoother and and cuts cleaner than the fireline, although I love fireline on my old Penns.