Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anthonyhobie

Staten Island brooklyn and central jersey beach access

11 posts in this topic

What is going on with our shores ? I surf and kayak fish Every time I return to a beach they close it , under construction or unsafe

I scouted out a area in Brooklyn near Coney Island creek no access (was open for years)south shore Staten Island 12 foot sand dunes , wolf pond park was told we can get close to beach to unload kayaks they build a ramp to go down to beach but contractor lied. North shore almost impossible to launch or fish legally

Central jersey same thing why do I have to break the law to fish or have poor access to our beaches

This is only going to get worst local politicians laugh at us. People near these beaches don t want us there So what do we do.

Billions of dollars spent on these sand dunes in Staten Island why. All they had to do was dredge the shore line and built up our beaches. Our shore lines are full of cement asphalt and rocks we have good fishing in our bay If we had nicer beaches more people

Would use them

Sorry guys just had enough of this !!!!!!!

There is plenty of places in the Raritan Bay to launch. And, at Sandy Hook, Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach. And, closer than Brooklyn. Let me know what you are looking for.

Thank you

But my point is we are losing areas and it's illegal they close it off and or no parking signs

The water belongs to us and they put obstacles in our way

I understand u can t go 4 wheelin but if you put up barricades leave room for a kayak a beach carrage or a bike

In Staten Island 75% now have sand dunes (south shore) or other issues not to access the beach legally Please guys if I wanted too I can get on any beach that's not the point why should I drag my kayak or my beach chair and poles over 12 foot walls of sand or threw fence off areas

Why should I walk or kayak a mile plus cause I can t legally park or enter near "working birds"

Yeah, they screw everything up, for politics. The sites i sent are easy access, for the most. What type yak do you have? I have a Outback and an Trident Ocean 13, this spring I am getting a PA-14, already started the down payment. I am sending the Trident to my son in MN.

I have the pa 14 great kayak but heavy

pain in the ass to get out of water

I fished with 2 to 3 footers not by choice and it handles great but like I said heavy kayak you don t want to pull it across the beach or a u paved area for a long distance

Add to that the Bayonne "launch" by the golf course. They were required to build it, but no one stipulated that it couldn't be 1/2 mile from the nearest parking. As for Gravesend Bay, I dragged my boat over a metal barricade by the Toys-R-Us and down the rock slope with an audience of Hasidim. I don't think you can do that with a PA. Is there no access from the Home Depot? It looked promising on Google Earth.

Question for native Staten Islanders: Does N Shore mean just the east facing side or does it include the Kill Van Kull? Does anybody kayak fish the Kill?

Add to that the Bayonne "launch" by the golf course. They were required to build it, but no one stipulated that it couldn't be 1/2 mile from the nearest parking. As for Gravesend Bay, I dragged my boat over a metal barricade by the Toys-R-Us and down the rock slope with an audience of Hasidim. I don't think you can do that with a PA. Is there no access from the Home Depot? It looked promising on Google Earth.

Question for native Staten Islanders: Does N Shore mean just the east facing side or does it include the Kill Van Kull? Does anybody kayak fish the Kill?

I say Bayonne bridge to Staten Island ferry hard access

Also went to a launch site under Goethals bridge all fenced off lemon creek park all closed for construction but the ramp is open but u technology u need a permit for a kayak