Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richie c

First try at poppers

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

From 4 3/4'' to 6'' L and 1.9oz. to 2.9 oz. with a 50 deg face cut. They sit about 1/2 + submerged with a 1/4''x 3/8'' lead plug at the tail hook end. They throw water nicely and cast like bullets!

Great start. Might want to make your face angle a bit less of an angle. Look at the plug at rest (float) make the face angle so it's perpendicular to the surface of the water. This will give you maximum resistance to the water when chugging the plug. The very steep angled plugs have a tendency to slide up on to the surface. without making much of a POP!

This is simply me offering my opinion. Keep building the plugs the way you like them and enjoy the hobby we call plug building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston View Post

Great start. Might want to make your face angle a bit less of an angle. Look at the plug at rest (float) make the face angle so it's perpendicular to the surface of the water. This will give you maximum resistance to the water when chugging the plug. The very steep angled plugs have a tendency to slide up on to the surface. without making much of a POP!

This is simply me offering my opinion. Keep building the plugs the way you like them and enjoy the hobby we call plug building.

I get what your saying Charleston. They throw water nicely now but with a less of an angle the popping action will be much better!, more of a head on  force     Pics to come thanks RichieC