Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kalawaia

1st Gen Tiralejo Warranty

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone. I have some questions regarding the warranty on the shimano tiralejo rods.

My wife bought me one a couple years ago and its been a great rod but on a recent gt plugging trip i hooked into a pretty good sized gt and on one of its stronger runs it put the rod on a good flex and when that happened I heard a crackling sound and a second or 2 later the tip snapped about 8" down from the tip right below the last guide. After inspecting the rod I realized that the sound I heard was the glass cracking on every guide foot except for the last 2 guides. The cracks arent totally through to the surface but they are noticeable. Needless to say I was and still am really bummed out about the whole thing, losing the fish but mostly because of the rod breaking. Ive never personally seen or had that happen to a rod before so its left me confused about the whole thing.

Well long story short, neither my wife or I knew about the warranty up until recently when I was browsing the forum and found a few threads speaking of it.

What I want to know is how do I go about using this warranty? I've been a hardcore shimano fan since the begining when I started fishing as a kid and have always loved and still love their product, but I've never really had to send anything in to them before so Im not sure how that to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks