Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

SaltWaterRooky

Quick harvest of 4lbs of Shii take's this morning from the front yard. When they get going I have to fire up the dehydrator to keep up with the harvest Pretty bad when S.H.I.I.T.A.K.I gets censored. Who's running this place Bidens Justice Department

IMG_3142.jpg.08b4062f23472ebe2d25de8e9e937356.jpgIMG_3141.jpg.800218995e9966308d8bf669c0937900.jpg IMG_3143.jpg.927282bba5dc81901d18e7d75fdb284b.jpg

Edited by moocks
Frigging censors

Two things in life I love. Fishing, and looking at the wives pictures on the milk Carton

Look who got her new PB striper today! So many thanks go out to our friends in the angling community for this one. Thanks to Orlando at NorCal Kat Plugs for sending us a prototype of his Slim Spook a couple years back, and it worked. Thanks to Yoink Surffishing for the intel on bait activity from yesterday. Thanks to the crew at CA Surf Fishing, where someone pointed out that low tide was good for the bigger units. And thanks to Hurricane Hilary for bringing us a dark cloudy morning to help this happen.

FB_IMG_1692638463794.jpg

Edited by Uncle Stu
social media links

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught. 

11 mins ago, MultiCast said:

Congrats to 2 of U. Wifey is on the roll.  back to back hookups.  WTG

She's on a roll for sure. Best thing about that is, she wants to wake up again tomorrow at 430 AM.

She hooked a real lunker today, but it got into some rocks and escaped. 

There's always tomorrow :)

14 hours ago, Uncle Stu said:

Dawn patrol in SLO County today. Not on fly.

IMG_20230828_101434700_Dallas.jpg

IMG_20230828_101240448_Trophy.jpg

IMG_20230828_095908.jpg

I believe I recognize that beach as I sometimes visit a friend in that area when I visit the West Coast.

The beach's name consists of two words, the first word is  an astronomical body that orbits the Earth as its only permanent natural satellite.

9 hours ago, VAfisher said:

I believe I recognize that beach as I sometimes visit a friend in that area when I visit the West Coast.

The beach's name consists of two words, the first word is  an astronomical body that orbits the Earth as its only permanent natural satellite.

good guess... one of my favorites :)

1 hour ago, Uncle Stu said:

good guess... one of my favorites :)

Due to the gently sloped beach as it transitions to the ocean. That beach lends itself well to flycasting.

I've had sucess at that beach with this pattern. Especially early in the season when the anchovies are a smaller size & it's easier fly length wise to "match the hatch".