Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

SaltWaterRooky

21 mins ago, MultiCast said:

what kind of salmon are this?

Resident hatchery coho. They raise them in net pens and delay the release of them so they residualize to Puget Sound rather than heading to the ocean. Not super big but very tasty after spending all winter and spring eating krill. Super red meat. They are now switching over to baitfish. One was stuffed with 3” sandlance.

SF

went out four evening/afternoons in the pacifica area last week, two for four bites wise, dropped one and managed to land one chunky 26" bass on a 170mm hydro minnow, I dropped a fish on 2oz bucktail, both were an hour before high tide, the night bite left a lot to be desired for me. I could not connect, however my friend fishing with me hooked one up on a 3/4oz bucktail super close in at 1030pm. I learned a lot this week despite only hooking two fish. 

On 7/25/2023 at 6:18 PM, MultiCast said:

menu.JPG

is that a juvenile pompano? saw another one posted this week. just looked it up. Pacific butterfish?

Edited by Uncle Stu

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Stu said:

is that a juvenile pompano? saw another one posted this week. just looked it up. Pacific butterfish?

i'm not sure is that a juvenile pompano or an adult. The sardines  by the side taped out @ 5" to 6" long.  I cooked with olive oil, salt and pepper and ginger.  it turn out great and delicious.