Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

SaltWaterRooky

On a side note...I was out Sunday trying to hook up and did with two nice fish properly released.

I did notice my fellow fisherman release the fish like Thugs. Im saying if your releasing do it properly. I also did see several nice fish bagged and it always breaks my heart seeing this since i know the strugggle of just hooking up. Also, the dude that kept more than one fish and burried them in the sand like no on eis going to notice sucks ass. 

I see people here in the Monterey Santa Cruz area taking like 6 striped bass each... mostly bait fisherman but some jeckbait guys too.

Feel Helpless contact warden few times but show up late at this point I'm done talking about catch and release. Feel like culture will never change until the last fish is catch.

I know what we witness sometimes can be frustrating as hell....But I would not give up on trying to bust the bad guys.   A couple weeks ago we contacted a warden & he came to our location ASAP & it was a LONG WALK for him to get there....  I have had mixed results with Cal-Tip but have on occasion seen it result in a significant bust on crab poachers... If we allow the poachers & all those who disrespect OUR FISHERY to go unpunished the problem will only get worse...  There has been times when I've  identified the bad guys vehicle & left a note on it that probably did not make their day...

Back to fishing. Worked hard yesterday with one nice fish that fought like hell and released back properly. Every hook up for me fuels the drive to come back.

@Winch, I dont know if you remember me but came over to your place several years back with a buddy and put a lot of your plugs in my bag when I was starting this Striper journey. The explosion hits on these plugs are truly amazing and thanks for getting me hooked up!

6 hours ago, mjonesjr said:

@Alferd Packer Looks like a really fun productive trip, with what I'll assume is your son. I absolutely loved fishing with my father, created wonderful memories. 

Yep, that’s my son, we’re doing a trip for his graduation. I’m lucky that I’ve been able to find the time to do a couple of epic trips with him.