Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

SaltWaterRooky

Hey Mike,

Good to talk to you again!

Thanks. Hope you are not wiping out all the fishes in the region.

Leave some for poor guys like me... ;) 

How are you doing?

I should drop by your cave sometime soon, making sure you are not putting left eyes to the right on your plugs. ~

29 mins ago, plinker said:

As Uncle Stu mentioned, the pink sardine is working. The bite starts around sunrise, but I have to get to the spot at 4am. This morning I fished with two friends and about 6 or 7 other guys I have never seen before. Shrug.

2023-06-09_8-50-55.jpg

Plinker,  nice to see you are catcching fish.............I'm sorry to hear about the 6 - 7 other guys in a spot you like..... HOWEVER................ that is what social media will do for you. 

43 mins ago, Uncle Stu said:

>>got 8 friday 2 below slot 2 slot- 4 above

You do realize this is the West Coast forum right? We don't know anything about this "slot" of which you speak... :)

slot for east coast 28" - 32" keeper size - content moved ,thanks for heads up

Edited by angler management

the takers get the honey and the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower

I wish to Jesus we had a slot limit & one fish limit with artificials only....     I see so many gut hooked stripers being released after the person who caught them "attempts" to remove the hook for 10 minutes before eventually getting the now dead fish back in the water... GRRRRRRRRRRRR  burns my ass to no end...

On 6/13/2023 at 3:13 PM, Mike Fixter said:

I wish to Jesus we had a slot limit & one fish limit with artificials only....     I see so many gut hooked stripers being released after the person who caught them "attempts" to remove the hook for 10 minutes before eventually getting the now dead fish back in the water... GRRRRRRRRRRRR  burns my ass to no end...

I hear you but baby steps my friend, at least we are seeing a couple more releases now a days.  ;) 

Be the chimp, not the frog.....

9 mins ago, Mike Fixter said:

Agreed..about seeing a few more releases...... BUT..........We have been taking baby steps for far too long.  Baby steps will not get us where we need to be in a timely manner.

Funny how dfg can change the regs for halibut from 3 fish bag limit to 2 fish bag limit just over night without any input from public but ask them to change regs on striped bass oh it takes 10 years of chasing the tail in circles 

Edited by Hokahey

(*member formerly known as 'Califulltiltfishing')

51 mins ago, Hokahey said:

Funny how dfg can change the regs for halibut from 3 fish bag limit to 2 fish bag limit just over night without any input from public but ask them to change regs on striped bass oh it takes 10 years of chasing the tail in circles 

To my knowledge the Halibut bag limit has not changed yet. It's been proposed and not been voted on yet to actually change it. But the Halibut in the SF Bay Area are being hit really hard this year with the closing of Salmon.