Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

SaltWaterRooky

Today I got a surprise striper, and then quickly changed my 2" dark green plastic to a 3" bright green curly tail. BOOM got another one almost immediately. Catch and release, sublegal diaper stripers. (old file photo, too concerned about quick releases for any snaps today)

I've always said that April starts the striper season down here in SLO County. This year my friends started posting them on April 1 :)

IMG_20210723_082310.jpg

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught. 

• 2 weeks later...

They are finally here, Took a leisure walk down to the beach and notice a seal was trashing on top of the wave with a striper in his mouth. cast out a few time. on the next cast i hook up and landed it. i continue to fan cast and was able to land the second one. after 1/2 hour later i had a hit pull down twice and that was it for the day.

100_3807.JPG

100_3805.JPG

On 4/15/2023 at 1:47 PM, MultiCast said:

They are finally here, Took a leisure walk down to the beach and notice a seal was trashing on top of the wave with a striper in his mouth. cast out a few time. on the next cast i hook up and landed it. i continue to fan cast and was able to land the second one. after 1/2 hour later i had a hit pull down twice and that was it for the day.

100_3807.JPG

100_3805.JPG

seems the old seals around means no fish is an old wives tale or excuse for getting skunked ! i do good with seals around all the time !

the takers get the honey and the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower

• 2 weeks later...