SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

5,439 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Albycor said:

Befo and afta !

C96865DD-01F8-47DA-8ECC-490C5C485034.jpeg

02C9A2E5-5F01-4A02-93C2-A26A6D080359.jpeg

Nice! I know this isn't the cooking your catch forum, but are you willing to share your recipe - technique please? They look great, though wondering how they're so red.

Congrats on a nice catch. 1st have been fun!

JD

5 mins ago, Uncle Stu said:

@Stonefish still nursing along your old wading jacket, I see... :laugh:

nice cutty BTW.

It’s about done. I have a new one already on deck but since it wasn’t raining, I stuck with the mojo the old one has.

Lots of days and fish in that old girl…. ;)

SF

5 mins ago, Stonefish said:

It’s about done. I have a new one already on deck but since it wasn’t raining, I stuck with the mojo the old one has.

Lots of days and fish in that old girl…. ;)

SF

I know exactly what you mean. My new one finally arrived (backorder) but the old one still wants to be fished in the surf. Broken zippers and torn cuffs. 

Got 8 hits, of those I hooked 6, of those I landed 4, none legal and all released. The boys are back in town! All caught on a Shimano Coltsniper Stick 120s jerkbait. 

IMG_20220511_100508_528.jpg

IMG_20220511_135626_236.jpg

Very Nice Uncle Stu............... Hopefully their grandmothers are not far behind...   It's been screaming ass windy here for the past week...........

18 mins ago, Mike Fixter said:

Very Nice Uncle Stu............... Hopefully their grandmothers are not far behind...   It's been screaming ass windy here for the past week...........

same here, it was bitter cold yesterday and today the wind kicked in about 8 AM, but a hair warmer. most all of my fish hit before the sun touched the water anyway. had to get up at 4:30 am to beat the sunrise. guess I'll just keep on throwing until I hook something bigger!