Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

5,200 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2021 at 0:08 AM, 247fishing said:

Dozen of stripers as well but couldn’t find a big one that want to play 

505BF0D7-73D2-453D-A4CF-7BF4AE35876E.jpeg

540CD9E7-6ACB-41E9-8E2A-05F908988F53.jpeg

Nice,

Looks like your were fishing rocky weedy hard structure.

Can you please let us know what kinds of fish those are? 

The one on top looks like some type of bass. The one on the bottom has a huge mouth.

Were these in the SF Bay Area? Not looking for spot burning, I'm a Mid-Atlantic east coast guy reluctatntly preparing to move to SoCal next year. Just trying to understand the lay of the land and the fishery.

Thanks in advance,

JD

Edited by jjdbike

15 hours ago, Mike Fixter said:

Hey Mr. Packer......Nice job on the top water bite....... NorCalKat makes some great producing plugs..... Great to see a few fish are in your neighborhood...... My neighborhood has been void of any stripers recently..... Mike

Hiya Mike! Thank you.  The fishing up this way has been very inconsistent with skunks happening regularly. I fished again last night and only nailed one for 2 hours of casting in my previous spot and adjacent areas. This was in the same location, same time of the tide, and same lures as before but only the one instead of six. I won’t be getting out for a week or so, so we’ll see what the next cycle brings. 

This weekend had giant schools of anchovies at the shore line. My boy was scooping them (knee deep) out by the handful. Thousands of birds. It's the first time ever having success with a Kastmaster, with a bunch of Jacksmelt caught (they are delicious out of a smoker, terrible pan fried.)

"Caught" three seagulls that flew into my line and tangled up. 

Someone said there were Stripers and Halibut...i believe i did see one Striper break the surface. 

Anchovies have amazingly large mouths and it became bothersome reeling them in (on a Kastmaster almost as big as they were!) instead of bigger fish.

Of course i had left the lure box at home, but at least had the one with me.

On 9/10/2021 at 8:24 AM, Alferd Packer said:

Had a nice little session my last time at the beach. First three on stickbait then 3 resulting in a really nice top water session using one of NorCalKat’s pencils. Here are two and the offending plug. 

EDA7877B-9022-49D0-B93B-A3A5C9231EB6.jpeg

D771D8C1-24EF-4A9D-969E-D018B7C4D845.jpeg

2BF29D83-66DE-40FD-A77C-6AE2E91B62B7.jpeg

sweet man!  are those the ones ya got from the Hat Fling? 

On 9/11/2021 at 2:05 AM, jjdbike said:

Nice,

The one on top looks like some type of bass. The one on the bottom has a huge mouth.

Were these in the SF Bay Area? Not looking for spot burning, I'm a Mid-Atlantic east coast guy reluctatntly preparing to move to SoCal next year. Just trying to understand the lay of the land and the fishery.

Thanks in advance,

JD

cali Hali, and cabezon

9 hours ago, 247fishing said:
On 9/11/2021 at 5:05 AM, jjdbike said:

Nice,

Thanks in advance,

JD

cali Hali, and cabezon

Thanks,

now i see it’s a hali. The angle threw me off.

never seen or head of a cabezon. Assuming they’re a structure oriented fish? They look like something that one would pull from deep rocks.

JD