SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

5,413 posts in this topic

Nice!. Big brothers (and the good lookers of the family) of the Texas jacks I like to go for on an annual fall trip typically. Jansen's got some fabulous videos on Youtube. East Cape is on the bucket list post-COVID. 

2 for 5 on resident coho this morning.

My buddy got a couple as well

plus the first humpy of the season for us off the beach.

Nothing big but fun on a 6 wt, especially getting to see the eats by multiple fish.

SF

71341885-65F0-455F-992C-50C6B2E4734A.jpeg

ADF6920C-E100-450C-9065-5251AB103D32.jpeg

On 7/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, Shoreangler said:

Nice!. Big brothers (and the good lookers of the family) of the Texas jacks I like to go for on an annual fall trip typically. Jansen's got some fabulous videos on Youtube. East Cape is on the bucket list post-COVID. 

Steven is a really nice guy and has the area pretty sorted out. Would highly recommend booking a day of fishing with him. 

Didn't get to the East Cape but will bring a fly rod when I do. 

went out this morning with a decent weather in the forecast. spend sometime soaking bait( Sandcrabs).  Hook up an hour before the High tide. The fish was a fighter, never wanted to come close to shore. every time he does, he managed to power up and head straight out again. after about 10 minutes later, The wave help push the fish in. :)   Took pic and released the champ.

37" @ 21 lb

h1.jpg

22 hours ago, MultiCast said:

h1.jpg

Multicast with multifish--well done on the release!

When stripers see you, they run and hide. But you still get em. 

Interesting event. I was fishing off a pier and hooked a tiny striper in the shallows. I turned my attention to how to land the fish on shore and when I looked back at fish there was a huge leopard shark turning right angles up tide until he found the striper and proceeded to try to chew on its tail. At that point I hoisted the striper over the rail. 

Should I have let nature take its course?