SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

5,155 posts in this topic

Yeah I have pictures of all. Hard to post them here.. can't just click to choose files and go to my camera.. have to download them first, but yeah anyway it's for real.. I measured and released a 40 incher this morning.. tip of nose to mid tail with out squeezing it.. guessing it was pushing 28 lbs.. it was chunky..

I totally SUCK this year targeting stripers and perch last night I snagged a female Dungeness crab first hook up this season thank god I know a guy the puts me on salmon and rock fish

5898519D-9D95-48A3-A824-9ACC8D854248.jpeg

E15DF8A6-54A9-4488-A013-FCF156B4D272.jpeg

650E394B-28D5-409E-B755-F168C46B5BC2.jpeg

99B7F8D3-540E-45DF-8708-20406ABF74EA.jpeg

4649C93A-B214-43AD-A4F7-955D93A48A19.jpeg

Good job DD.. I played hookie from work today.. should have been there yesterday.. the ocean wasn't nice this morning.. ended up with 2 decent kings,, lost one.. released a couple small ones.. had a bunch of scratched baits,,no shows..

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks for Fixter Mike.. nice seeing you this morning.. would have loved to fish with you guys a little bit but I had to be at work... 

Edited by ghostfish slayer

>>The baits were too far out, just beyond the breaker. can't reach them. amazing scene to watch for sure.

This must be why I saw hundreds of pelicans flying north yesterday morning, in big line formations at dawn. It was breathtaking. 

All I got was two diaper stripers, on a half oz green jig with chartreuse plastic tail. It was the only lure that didn't pick up a wad of salad on every cast.