SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

5,155 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Uncle Stu said:

What a hog. When was that, Multi? Sure looks like a winter fish. 

Well, Stu  The fish were caught yesterday(saturday). it was a tough day. put in about 4 hours of fishing. 

8 hours ago, cityevader said:

My only gripe is the "hands forward" photo pose...i want to see it against the chest!

Well, Cityevader. You'll get your chance, perhaps later on the year.

2 hours ago, MultiCast said:

Well, Stu  The fish were caught yesterday(saturday). it was a tough day. put in about 4 hours of fishing. 

:clap::clap::clap: and worth every minute. slab of a perch.

I think a couple of those would qualify nicely for a little crispy fried perch fillet lunch.....   These perch pictures are getting me motivated for a run north of Fort Bragg to the promised land of JUMBO REDTAILS.....The conditions look good up there for Weds-Thurs & Friday....

26 mins ago, Mike Fixter said:

I think a couple of those would qualify nicely for a little crispy fried perch fillet lunch.....   These perch pictures are getting me motivated for a run north of Fort Bragg to the promised land of JUMBO REDTAILS.....The conditions look good up there for Weds-Thurs & Friday....

Do it Mike! Pics or it didn't happen.

2 hours ago, Mike Fixter said:

Did you just use crispy and perch in the same sentence?

Yea,  it's a good trick to get them crispy..... just got to fry the hell out of them until slightly more brown than gold.... But the inside will still be a bit like mashed potato.    I still like them regardless.  My wife will sometimes fix them (baked on a cookie sheet) with a coating of olive oil,  Panko., fresh chopped garlic & parsley.  Add a little home made tartar sauce & your smiling...

4 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Hey Decap, nice perch. They are pretty fish. What is that lure? Is it made by Lucky Craft?

JD

That's a Duo sinking .... Don't remember the model