SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

5,235 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2020 at 7:24 AM, Tbird650 said:

Thank you buddy. That’s a  Lamiglas g1000 salmon/steelhead blank. The 1022 8’6” 1/2-1.75oz. I made it for pyramid lake at the end of last year.

I wrapped it to match my jacket :idea:   

It throws a 5/8oz.  to 1oz bucktail strong. After that it starts to whimper but I have throw 1.5 spoons with it in the lake.  A shimano CI4 4K with 15lb PP slick make it a light weight arm saver for “looking” for fish. I hooked that fish in the first ten minutes and now have put 5 hours in with out a repeat. Saw two other guys yesterday. No fish. 

Fantastic. Nice stick. That thing is probably nano light. I have a steelhead rod that I sometimes fish early season or if I know it's basically a schoolie bite.  Has to fun with the small fish and if you gets omething with weight WATCH OUT! Tightlines

No fish yesterday but I did find this.. I think it was part of something bigger maybe? It wash up with the high tide.  it had the bag rolled in plastic attach to the top. Looks like it had some water intrusion maybe not worth sending in?

74A2BFB1-B600-431F-9AF4-5D8A770D9EC3.jpeg

22A0D5DE-110C-422C-9E7B-A38360327544.jpeg

BD7DFEDF-4570-443A-B536-9FF6C08F9CA6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tbird650 said:

No fish yesterday but I did find this.. I think it was part of something bigger maybe? It wash up with the high tide.  it had the bag rolled in plastic attach to the top. Looks like it had some water intrusion maybe not worth sending in?

Interesting find.

SF

22 hours ago, Tbird650 said:

It's a Radiosonde. It was attached to a weather balloon

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/content/dam/lockheed-martin/rms/photo/meteorological-instrumentation/What-to-do-if-you-find-a-radiosonde.pdf

Looks and starting to sound like junk lol. My girlfriend told me not to bring garbage home. I was hoping there was a reward. Sounds like they got there info from it and don’t need it back. They say you have the right to keep it lol.   

Isn't that the rule of the sea? If you can drag it out of the water you take ownership?

mine! 

Risked "The Rona" and took my son for survival sustenance fishing/hunting/gathering training or if a cop were to asked, "essential seafood shopping". I set the hook, kid did the rest of the battling, fish filleted, vacuum sealed, & frozen in ration meal like portions. Survival School success. Mask gators were only removed for the photo proof. Stay Safe & Healthy out there West Coast!

Gianni COVID-19 Striper III.JPG

Snuck out to the beach and found a little pocket of happiness. 3 stripers to 27” one big surf perch, one keeper halibut I lost at my feet. 

There was a dad near near me that brought his teen daughter out for her first time fishing experience. She had her bucktaul hit by a nice big mud marlin!

14 hours ago, Alferd Packer said:

Snuck out to the beach and found a little pocket of happiness. 3 stripers to 27” one big surf perch, one keeper halibut I lost at my feet. 

There was a dad near near me that brought his teen daughter out for her first time fishing experience. She had her bucktaul hit by a nice big mud marlin!

Pics or it didn’t happen lol. Sounds like a solid day! Still waiting for my 1st surf halibut.  Did she land the bay ray? Those things are cray cray 

Her dad took the rod over after she fought it for 10 min. It took him another 5 minutes to land it. 

You’ll just have to trust me (hahaha). I was in a place where pictures would have been a challenge. 

I need a brake from Cabin Fever, Equipped myself with PPE, along with a double filtration mask, i was ready to take on whatever is out there (fish wise). walk the beach, look for the trough. came to this spot, it looked very fishy. cast out a hair raiser, worked it in slowly and right about 5 feet where i was standing, the fish grab the lure & took off. it make a mad dash to the right and came back to the left. The drag on the reel was holding it's ground like it should be. after a few moment later, The fish beach itself. Move around some more and saw another nice trough, Hook up another striper and few more perchs, it was a fun day and that feeling that i almost forget due to shelter in place. Have Fun,Be Safe Everyone. 

100_3650.JPG