SaltWaterRooky

Catch anything today?

Rate this topic

4,761 posts in this topic

Driving alone, to go fishing alone, under a gigantic diffusing atmosphere of open air with a breeze from the ocean, is surely the best thing do be doing at a time like this? 

1 hour ago, HansB said:

Why is this thread still active at a time like this?

Why not? Where I live, beaches are open and deserted, and the perch are biting. My wife and I are temporarily unemployed... An angler's dream.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:45 PM, HansB said:

Why is this thread still active at a time like this?

See you on the beach?

On 3/24/2020 at 4:50 PM, cityevader said:

Driving alone, to go fishing alone, under a gigantic diffusing atmosphere of open air with a breeze from the ocean, is surely the best thing do be doing at a time like this? 

On 3/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, Uncle Stu said:

Why not? Where I live, beaches are open and deserted, and the perch are biting. My wife and I are temporarily unemployed... An angler's dream.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, Uncle Stu said:

I agree with the caution but also agree that we should practice a sensible one of avoiding the crowd on certain beaches.

Besides that's what distinguishes us from those commies. 

Below is what was happening in Wuhan where a total lockdown was in place by those commie posing dictatorship.

I'm struggling between the desire to know what areas are open to fishing if the right path is known, against spot burning. 

Locally, if people even stop to sit and look at the ocean, cops browbeat them against leaving germs for others. 

1 hour ago, cityevader said:

I'm struggling between the desire to know what areas are open to fishing if the right path is known, against spot burning. 

Locally, if people even stop to sit and look at the ocean, cops browbeat them against leaving germs for others. 

In Washington state all recreational fishing is shut down 

2 hours ago, cityevader said:

I did a little fishing on the Santa Cruz area beaches. I honestly don't know if parking lots are open or closed, where is ok and where isn't? All I know is I'm trying to get near the least amount of people possible. I know enough places to park that aren't lots or likely spots to cross paths with people.  There were plenty of people on the beach, not crowded at all but it wasn't empty. Granted I was out of the way somewhat but I didn't see any law enforcement and everybody was respectful of space. 

I fished today at a more remote beach and it was empty. Parking was restricted at popular spots in Morro Bay proper but everything north of there looked angler-friendly. Except the camp grounds, which are closed. Got 6 or 8 small perch on the fly rod, one keeper. 

Here at my local beach there was a cop questioning people walking down to the beach. If you were not local they were telling them to go home! Good thing I live a mile away :)  1st of the year for me

46B44CCB-22AD-4DFE-B63D-FD7533FB37C6.jpeg

6 hours ago, Tbird650 said:

Here at my local beach there was a cop questioning people walking down to the beach. If you were not local they were telling them to go home! Good thing I live a mile away :)  1st of the year for me

Nice fish!

On 3/30/2020 at 0:06 PM, Tbird650 said:

Congrats.  What blank is that and did you wrap that rod?

6 hours ago, weatherguy777 said:

Congrats.  What blank is that and did you wrap that rod?

Thank you buddy. That’s a  Lamiglas g1000 salmon/steelhead blank. The 1022 8’6” 1/2-1.75oz. I made it for pyramid lake at the end of last year.

I wrapped it to match my jacket :idea:   

It throws a 5/8oz.  to 1oz bucktail strong. After that it starts to whimper but I have throw 1.5 spoons with it in the lake.  A shimano CI4 4K with 15lb PP slick make it a light weight arm saver for “looking” for fish. I hooked that fish in the first ten minutes and now have put 5 hours in with out a repeat. Saw two other guys yesterday. No fish.